Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Thunder

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Hey guys,

Sold my VZ SS a while back and been missing the V8 rumble, and getting sick of riding my motorbike every day, especially with the weather lately, so I picked this up last week.

Completely stock, 1 owner before me, very low KM
Got a few mods planned, nothing extreme just the usual stuff

Model: VZ SS Thunder
Year: 2007
Colour: Black
Engine: 6.0L L98
Transmission: Manual
Intake: VCM OTR
Exhaust: 1 7/8" 4-1's, 3" cats, Manta stainless twin 3" cat-back
Suspension: Stock
Diff: Stock
Interior: All Black
Rims: Stock
Tyres:
Stereo: Sony XAV-AX5000 Headunit, Kicker splits and Kicker sub

Pics:
LNWmpEk.jpg

aPfdCgU.jpg

uiQyjZc.jpg

Last edited:

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
First mod is done, exhaust fitted up last week at BYE Performance in Perth. Twin 3" Manta full system, hurricane 1 7/8" 4-1 headers, twin 3" stainless cats and twin 3" manta cat back with middle hotdogs and rear muffler. Sounds awesome. Took a few pics on the weekend when the weather was good but only so much of the exhaust you can really see. Fitment is perfect, about as snug as you can really get, and the stainless tips look good I think.

Next up will be an OTR and tune, will get the plastic VCM OTR and still deciding whether to go with a MAF or MAFless tune, the new VCM OTR's accommodate the MAF sensor no problem.

Last edited:

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
OTR and tune done now, made 352rwhp, 647nm.

LqDGa3V.jpg

Last edited:

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Looks good, did you keep the maf?

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Looks good, did you keep the maf?
cheers mate, didn't keep the MAF went with a MAFless tune as that was what was recommended by the tuner.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Haven't done much on this mechanically since last year, have added a tub liner in the tray, that's about it.
Have just started getting parts together to upgrade the stereo now, going with an android auto head unit, and some 6" or 6.5" splits in the front, and I've got a kicker sub/amp to go behind one of the seats for a little bit of bass.

Still loving the exhaust, and still no drone or anything.
Next up, probably lower suspension.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
tested whether the sub will fit today, i don't think it could be any bigger to be honest.
excuse how dirty my car is, that's the dogs side of the car, will give it a decent clean on the weekend when i take the seat out too.
i'm not sure whether i need to actually permanently mount it to the floor or the rear of the cab, or if it will be fine just sitting there. it doesn't budge even a few mm when it's wedged in there so i'm thinking it's probably safe to just let it sit there.

i've also checked that there is still plenty of room on the passenger side even with the sub box behind the seat, i'm about 187cm and there was enough leg room for me to stretch out, but it does cost a small amount of space on that side as the seat does not go all the way back now.

9Vysyak.jpg

uJB61AZ.jpg

SLk3Iep.jpg

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
excuse how dirty my car is, that's the dogs side of the car, will give it a decent clean on the weekend when i take the seat out too.

Just in case anyone was triggered by the dirty car, here's the follow-up.
I pulled out most of the interior on the weekend and gave everything a good clean, while running wires for new speakers/amp, then put most of it back together. Dog hair is really hard to get out of the carpet. Still got a little bit to finish up but will do that one night this week or next weekend if I don't have the time this week.

6kUwHax.jpg

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Looks pretty similar size to the sub box in my Maloo, wouldn't want to go any bigger are my thoughts too. Also just remember to remove the spare wheel tool before the sub box goes in, otherwise you'll have a sh!t of a time if you are stuck at the side of the road trying to get it out.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
i'm not sure whether i need to actually permanently mount it to the floor or the rear of the cab, or if it will be fine just sitting there. it doesn't budge even a few mm when it's wedged in there so i'm thinking it's probably safe to just let it sit there.

Velcro.