Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Thunder

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Picked up one of those lower grilles for the front bumper tonight, got it for $20 off marketplace which seems like a fair price. I know the utes' don't have the tabs to clip it into, for some reason holden seemed to cut them off on the utes, but should be easy enough to attach it somehow and should clean up the front look a little more, can try the other top grille too and see which looks better with it.

Reactions: Lex

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Busy weekend (and monday, day off) for me. Finished off a lot of stuff I've been putting off on the ute.
- New front rotors
- New front pads
- New braided lines up front
- Braided lines on the rear already done, but they sent me the wrong one the last time I did it so had one more to swap on the rear too
- New front shocks
- New lowered springs
- Also found a bolt fell out of one of my rear calipers so replaced that and re-did them all with fresh loctite and re-tightened
- Also gave the interior a bit of a clean

Also picked up 2 new pre-cat o2 sensors yesterday to work out my fueling issues, but didn't get to swap them yet. After lowering the front my jack doesn't fit under the car anymore so need to get a lower jack...
My legs are a bit stiff today haha, not used to it.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Busy weekend (and monday, day off) for me. Finished off a lot of stuff I've been putting off on the ute.
- New front rotors
- New front pads
- New braided lines up front
- Braided lines on the rear already done, but they sent me the wrong one the last time I did it so had one more to swap on the rear too
- New front shocks
- New lowered springs
- Also found a bolt fell out of one of my rear calipers so replaced that and re-did them all with fresh loctite and re-tightened
- Also gave the interior a bit of a clean

Also picked up 2 new pre-cat o2 sensors yesterday to work out my fueling issues, but didn't get to swap them yet. After lowering the front my jack doesn't fit under the car anymore so need to get a lower jack...
My legs are a bit stiff today haha, not used to it.
Drive it up onto some blocks of wood.
Then the jack should fit.
I use some aeroflow plastic ramps that lift the car more than high enough to get the jack under.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Drive it up onto some blocks of wood.
Then the jack should fit.
I use some aeroflow plastic ramps that lift the car more than high enough to get the jack under.
good idea, might have some scrap wood I can use for that, then I should be able to do the O2's

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Didn't update this thread but swapped out the O2's and fixed my fuel issue. Looking good now.

Also noticed exhaust fell off the hangers again (hangers completely gone) so managed to get some hangers from repco today for $5ish each and chucked it back on, also cut up some spare fuel hose and used some small hose clamps to try and keep it from falling off again, will see how it holds up over time. I think the hangers may have been damaged during the rear ender earlier this year and maybe not properly repaired as the mounts don't line up great anymore, which may be why they falling off so easily. The new exhaust fits really well and sits much closer to the body of the car overall, but my old exhaust fit a lot better at the back. Might have to talk to an exhaust shop or something and see if they can fix the mounts or move them around a little. I tried to give them a bit of a bend but wasn't able to move them, would be much easier on a hoist.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Didn't update this thread but swapped out the O2's and fixed my fuel issue. Looking good now.

Also noticed exhaust fell off the hangers again (hangers completely gone) so managed to get some hangers from repco today for $5ish each and chucked it back on, also cut up some spare fuel hose and used some small hose clamps to try and keep it from falling off again, will see how it holds up over time. I think the hangers may have been damaged during the rear ender earlier this year and maybe not properly repaired as the mounts don't line up great anymore, which may be why they falling off so easily. The new exhaust fits really well and sits much closer to the body of the car overall, but my old exhaust fit a lot better at the back. Might have to talk to an exhaust shop or something and see if they can fix the mounts or move them around a little. I tried to give them a bit of a bend but wasn't able to move them, would be much easier on a hoist.

There's usually a clip (l'll call it a clip)
20231127_123248[1].jpg