Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Thunder

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Looks pretty similar size to the sub box in my Maloo, wouldn't want to go any bigger are my thoughts too. Also just remember to remove the spare wheel tool before the sub box goes in, otherwise you'll have a sh!t of a time if you are stuck at the side of the road trying to get it out.
thanks man, I was thinking about that as the jack and winch are not in a good spot, where did you put your spare? I could probably strap it down in the tray or something just in case I do need it.

I have some velcro strips I was going to use, but it doesn't stick to the floor carpet or the sub box carpet very well. due to the size of the sub, it doesn't really sit flush with any of the surfaces either, it does wedge right in behind the seat rails and the back so it probably won't move too much.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
HQ VC VZ
Mine sat on the garage floor since last September which was working great until Sunday when I had a flat and had to get a lift home to grab them. I've had 2 flats in the last 5 years/160,000ks so I'm currently deliberating what to do, the tyre release thingy is easy to store in the tray, but its the jack which is my problem. Factory scissor jack basically folded on itself when I tried to use it and the Maloo is too low to even think about getting a bottle jack under.... Not sure at all what I'll do actually.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
finally finished my speaker install this weekend, new head unit wired up, steering wheel controls working fine, reverse camera connected and working, but the display isn't switching to the camera automatically when I go into reverse, still working that one out. antenna also goes up as soon as the car is turned on, not just when I'm actually using the radio, so need to work that out too.

sound deadened both doors with stinger roadkill, makes a huge difference to how much outside noise gets in. i'm assuming it helps with the speakers a little too, but I didn't do a before/after to compare how it sounds.

new splits installed in the front, and all wired up nicely, without molesting any factory wiring in the doors or to the factory tweeters. sub install behind hte passenger seat is also pretty clean I think, no visible cables, but it's a bit annoying now not being able to put the seat all the way back. building a smaller sub box might be a future project.

this was my first time doing any car audio installation so it was a big job for me, overall it seems pretty easy, but I found the documentation and instructions lacking specifically around steering wheel controls and reverse camera install.

next up i'll need to spend some time tweaking the settings to get it dialed in nicely.

have taken the jack and winch out of the back of the car for now, will have to figure out where to store it now. probably room for the jack and winch behind the drivers seat instead, if I can make sure it doesn't roll around that should be fine.