Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Thunder

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Thats frustrating, I'll go back and fix em all. For reference for anyone else that wants to know. Fronts are H&R lowered springs which equated roughly to a 50mm drop (superlows).

Thanks mate that looks ideal height, just slightly lower than what I have now. Will take a pic of the new height at the weekend once I put it somewhere flat.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Here's the surprise I've ordered to do up the car a little, don't see many of these on VZ's so should look a little bit more unique once it's fitted.
Can't afford a HSV front end so this will do for now.

WRljK9p.jpg

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Haven't updated for a while, finally got around to test fitting the grille today. Car is filthy, so please try to excuse that, it's been sitting for ages and needs a wash and a good drive. The grille isn't painted yet, will get it all done whenever I get a respray or need anything touched up, but it kind of matches as is, enough for a test fit. Lmk what you think, as mentioned before can't afford a HSV front end and so trying something different to make it a bit more unique as don't see many of these out there.

iVjERhp.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Haven't updated for a while, finally got around to test fitting the grille today. Car is filthy, so please try to excuse that, it's been sitting for ages and needs a wash and a good drive. The grille isn't painted yet, will get it all done whenever I get a respray or need anything touched up, but it kind of matches as is, enough for a test fit. Lmk what you think, as mentioned before can't afford a HSV front end and so trying something different to make it a bit more unique as don't see many of these out there.

CKcIusB.jpg
Those headlights need a polish.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Those headlights need a polish.
I think the headlights need more than that, the whole car needs a polish, been sitting outside for ages.

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
So someone not paying attention smashed into the ute, getting it fixed through insurance, also getting a few other bits resprayed while it's in there where the clear coat has been peeling off, bonnet, root, sailplane, hardlid etc. and also getting the new grille painted up. Have been driving a loan corolla hybrid for the last 3 months while the car is getting fixed, only put petrol in it twice so far, but that's the only redeeming quality. Should have the ute back within a few weeks, then once it's back few more things planned. .

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Will you mention who is doing the work?

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Will you mention who is doing the work?
Sure mate, getting fixed at Car Expert Smash Repair in Kenwick, they were recommended to me by BYE Performance where I usually take my car. The guy running it has been a bit slow on the work, but I've been told he does good quality work and so far he has been very nice to deal with.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Should post a pic of the damage too.
EGTuYbV.jpg
That looks just like the damage I had on my Crewman. Under insured when values went through the roof. Got it repaired. All those panels are still available new.