Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ to 3.9's speedo calibration

Strueth

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Monaro
Hi all - I have confirmed a 2005 VZ Monaro (auto) ECU can be calibrated to 3.73 ratio via Tech2 as it was a stock Holden diff ratio for some other cars. I can't confirm whether anyone can calibrate a speedo to 3.9's other than via the Jaycar box, which I'd rather not use. My question is has anyone successfully swapped out their diff ratio from stock to 3.9's and managed to have it tuned electronically either by ECU or via cluster to suit? Cheers, Streuth.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
corrector box is for the old 5 litre efi cars...ls can be recalibrated much easier tech2 etc most tuners charge $100-$200 the last time I asked about it

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
The adjustment is made by altering the PPK value in the cluster...…….PPK = Pulses Per Kilometre
It's not a big job at all for someone that knows what they are doing

My VZ 1 Tonner's speedo was corrected while it was on the dyno being tuned
The fella tuning it noticed the speedo was reading incorrectly and adjusted it for me while he was doing the tune at no extra charge

Strueth

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Monaro
Thanks everyone for your advice, I made contact with enyvous customs who have this issue solved. You've no idea how much running around I did before it dawned on me to spend 5 minutes on here with a request for help. Cheers.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Yep I used their program to program a few different cars VT-VZ for diff/fuel tank sender changes etc. Very good but a shame it’s a subscription service. I’d be happier to pay a larger, once off fee.

Strueth

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Monaro
Yep I used their program to program a few different cars VT-VZ for diff/fuel tank sender changes etc. Very good but a shame it’s a subscription service. I’d be happier to pay a larger, once off fee.
EYY - Mine being just a one off job is easier for me to remove the ECU and send it down to the guys at enyvous customs who are going to do the setup there. I will no doubt learn by my mistakes otherwise and f__k the whole shebang up in the process which is not something I want to do with an ECU.