Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ to VY Air con fan

vyhbdcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 HBD Calais 5.7 & JH CDX Cruze
Hi there, Can anybody tell me if a climate control fan unit from a VZ Calais wil fit a series 1 VY Berlina?
I am pretty sure they changed at VY series 2. The VZ unit looks different but the mounting points look the same.

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
VY series 2 is same as VZ - and different to VY series 1. Different part number - but can't speak for interchangeability.

Fan is the same regardless of level - whether climate control or regular.
I have a VY S2 Calais and fitted fan from a VZ Executive - unfortunately that fan was noisier than mine.

I have just spoken to holden spare parts...

Early series 2 carries the same parts as series 1
Late series 2 is same as VZ

He could not (would not?) give me a cut off month - but can tell from VIN which fan suits which car and he says no way are they interchangeable.

Also quoted $240 for earlier model fan
$120 for later model - and I am off to pickup mine now.

Last edited:

vyhbdcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 HBD Calais 5.7 & JH CDX Cruze
Thanks for the info Fletch_QLD, That helps immensley. It is a pity they don't fit as I have been quoted $275.00 by our local Holden dealer. Bursons can do an aftermarket unit for $92.00 trade. Has anyone had experience with one of these?

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
The 'genuine' item is made in china - quite possibly the same factory that produces the aftermarket unit. Given the price difference, I reckon I'd be going aftermarket for sure.