Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Tow Bar - Installation, Wiring, etc.

Dechlan Tutty

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ SV6 - Auto (5 sp.)
Hi everyone,

I'm about a month away from rolling over from red to green P plates and am looking at getting a tow bar for my SV6 sedan as I will be allowed to tow then (I'm in Victoria).

How easy is the installation of a tow bar? Bumper off, re-bar off, bolt it on, plug in trailer lights cable and then put everything back together? Or is it a bit more involved?

Also, quick question for those of you in Victoria; I have re-styled white-on-black plates on my car, and kept the old blue-on-white plates. S on my parents' 6x4 trailer, can I put an old blue-on-white plate on the trailer legally, or is that considered illegal because I didn't get a specific 'exempt trailer' plate?

Thanks again!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Plug and play. Just bolt it all on. There are harnesses for this. The plugs are all there.

Dechlan Tutty

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ SV6 - Auto (5 sp.)
Plug and play. Just bolt it all on. There are harnesses for this. The plugs are all there.
Sweet as. Exactly what I wanted to hear. Cheers

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
If you do some searching, the installation instructions are somewhere on the forum.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
mate get it done at a towbar place, got to be done properly, if thay do i,t you know its right ,not saying you cant do it, but i would go to a tow bar place

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Very simple to install and if you get the correct 1 plugs into the rh tail light which then the light itself will plug in to and there should also be a single plug for the lh indicator to plug in on the same side also