Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz trouble code in dash display

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Mine did this. It also appeared after the car ran out of fuel.
Was diagnosed as a timing chain fault and gone after that was done.
I'm not certain that was the issue. Interesting what was said earlier about low fuel etc.

No computers were replaced.

Mr.Turbo.LQ9

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 2004 turbo 6.2
I’ve got a turbo motor swapped vz ss showing the
1000000000000000 fresh motor just serviced also
Thing runs fine though
Any idea on what it means?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm trying to find the exact answer, though going from memory, the count across the zeros to the 1 represents a code of some sort.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think its call Bit PID.
From what you have posted, a PID of A11 (I think I'm interpreting this correctly) has been recorded.

I think I'm confusing myself now. :)

I can't believe I found the exact way to read these a few weeks ago and now can't recall where.

Last edited:

vz_one_tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ One Tonner S
Hello,
I know it's been many years but just in case anyone is still looking.

I have a VZ One Tonner that was giving me the "Very Low Fuel" error. If you, from engine off, hold the Mode and Set buttons then turn the key on then the dash will show the Diagnostic Mode instead of the normal driving mode. Then if you press Mode and toggle between the different screens I was also getting:
Trouble Codes
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0
161514131211109 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 (I think these are the positions of the bits - 1 to 16 backwards - or maybe it's 0 - 15)

Bit 16 - Factory stereo not connected (this doesn't matter, it's just letting you know) as I have an after market head unit. (This is what dingo and Mr.Turbo.LQ9 have)
Bit 6 - I don't know but this might mean your ECU/ECM or some onboard computer is stuffed.

It was also reporting the Coolant Temp as 215*C even though the engine hadn't been started in 2 weeks and the outside temp was 18*C.

Anyway, I'm in WA and I got charged $1200 for a new ECM and some other bits and bobs at one of the last Holden service centres left in Perth. If you have that Bit 6 and coolant temperature of 215 then don't bother with an ordinary auto electric place unless they have all the Holden computers and stuff cause you'll just be wasting time/money. Go directly to a Holden service centre to get the computers replaced.

This is worrying for those of us that are happy to keep our aging Commodores as spare parts (and service centres with the Holden Tek Tools) become harder to find.