Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ unable to lock with key

Georgeholt

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ equip wagon
I just recently got a 2005 VZ equip wagon from a dealer it was working fine past few weeks apart from now I'm unable to use the remote locking or my rear left indicator stays on till the battery dies and now I'm unable to lock the car with the key so if anybody has had similar problem I'm desperate and unable to take it to the dealership I got it from because work

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
When you say 'I just recently got a 2005 VZ equip wagon from a dealer' do you mean bought/purchased or in for servicing/repairs !

If back from repairs, suggest you take vehicle back to them and suggest they might be responsible for problems. Otherwise, if purchased recently, then surely the car would be covered by a Used Vehicle Warranty (or sorts). Good luck.

MaRtYz

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2005 Holden VZ Calais Sports Automatic
I had the same problem. The indicator staying on is a sticky relay which is soldered on in your bcm. I ended up just buying the required relay on ebay, de-soldering the faulty and and soldering on the new one.

If the car is under warranty still. They should be able to replace the BCM at no cost to you. I'm unsure if an item like this would be covered, you will have to talk to them.

You can attempt to do the repair yourself, but at your own risk.
http://homepages.xnet.co.nz/~dolsen/VZ_bcm_indicator_fix.pdf
Replacement part: HFKM-012-SHST