Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Ute left indicator blowing fuse?!?

VE360VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute LE0
VZ Ute, pretty well ready to set it on fire. Bit of what's going on:-

Hazard lights, locking/unlocking car, left indicator keeps blowing indicator fuse. Right Indicator works fine. (Hazards also blow hazard fuse when turned on)

Leading up to this issue the following was done, ECM/BCM/PIM sent off for repair, repair completed and installed back in car, car started fine (did not test indicators or take for drive at the time). Seats pulled out for new seating cushion to be installed. Amp installed under passenger seat (silly question but does any of the loom run under the flooring directly under the passenger seat??), Amp works fine. Seats installed back into ute and that is when the issue started.

I've tired eliminating areas of the lights, disconnected towbar connector loom, rear light looms, left indicator bulb connector (Side lamp as well). Tested left indicator with new fuse, blows fuse immediately. I'm really not a electrical master and was wondering if anyone has some advice?

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Blowing the fuse instantly is consistent with a short circuit in the wiring. Sounds like you may have pinched or pierced a wire somewhere during the amp install or refitting the seat.

VE360VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute LE0
Blowing the fuse instantly is consistent with a short circuit in the wiring. Sounds like you may have pinched or pierced a wire somewhere during the amp install or refitting the seat.
Cheers mate, makes sense. Guess I’ll just have to go on the hunt and see if I can find the suspect wire.

Maybe I need a copy of the “dodgy wankers manual” you have as your profile pic, might suit me to a tee! o_O

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I think you need to remove the side trim, seat, the amp, and pull the carpet up and check the wiring loom,
As DavesSV6Tonner said, probably pinched, or nicked a wire.

VE360VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute LE0
I think you need to remove the side trim, seat, the amp, and pull the carpet up and check the wiring loom,
As DavesSV6Tonner said, probably pinched, or nicked a wire.
Cheers for the input, I will def be removing all of the above to see if I’ve done some damage