Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Ute Motor Issues

M@d

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Have in backyard.
VZ ute, has had some sort of accident on left hand side.
Bought with most parts replaced.

Air bag light starts on,
Motor was replaced, unknown if same ECU was fitted or another.
Motor starts and runs only after playing with battery terminals and heading a click an buzzing sound from air flow sensor.

Computer is is in reduced power mode, with faulty fuel gauge, SRS LIGHT, Power train Module something.

If all Computers are replaced and I mean all, BCM, ECU,PIM. PCM
Key module Andrew all match with the car start every time an fix some of the issues?

M@d

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
So if I replace, BCM,PCM,PIM,ECU AND FOB KEY.? This will fix the problem.?
Would this fit the problem.?

Attachments

• 47DFAE7D-5898-4FF2-A827-1A319699A130.png
    47DFAE7D-5898-4FF2-A827-1A319699A130.png
    405.1 KB · Views: 93

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Would this fit the problem.?
It can. You really need to find a set that's either exactly the same or very close level wise (low/mid/high) to whatever is in your car, otherwise it starts throwing ABS/traction control errors - similar problems with a VZ ute and mismatched set in this thread - https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...-please-compatibility-of-start-up-set.295332/

If it were me I'd just send the ECU to Injectronics and have them repair it. Would likely cost the same or be cheaper.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yep, set has to be from a ute and it has to be the same BCM number. Preferably with the VIN it was from..

I think to see through this, you’ll need a Tech2 or better.

Take the advice above.

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
just been through this. If your ute has ABS then I have a complete set with mid BCM from a sedan that will end your problems

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
just been through this. If your ute has ABS then I have a complete set with mid BCM from a sedan that will end your problems
How ever if it’s from an early VZ it won’t work, unless this one is an early VZ.

Also the set will need the use of a tech2 and someone skilled to operate it to set it all up for correct compatibility with a ute. To do that the VIN is required from the vehicle it was from.

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
How ever if it’s from an early VZ it won’t work, unless this one is an early VZ.

Also the set will need the use of a tech2 and someone skilled to operate it to set it all up for correct compatibility with a ute. To do that the VIN is required from the vehicle it was from.
used a 05 set from an exec sedan with abs in an 04 ute without - plug n play. No scan anything. Only issue was a the fkn ECM was looking for abs on the ute which didn't exist so I got traction fault, brake fault and abs fault.