Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Ute Questions

Jack Gleeson

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Holden VZ Utility 3.6l Alloytec
I've had my VZ ute for about 3 months or so and I'm just chasing some tips,
1) I'm planning to buy intake manifold spacers and was wondering if the 12mm ones were the way to go (I've had a couple people tell me don't bother, but I'm gonna give them a go anyway, just wanting to know what size is best for my v6 Alloytec engine)

2) For a new exhaust, all my friends with VE's, they say that the 2.25inch exhaust is better but I can only find 2.5inch for the VZ....

3) What size springs would best suit my ute?

Everything about my car is completely stock at the moment so I'm really looking forward to pouring some money into it.

gluten3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY L67
I've had my VZ ute for about 3 months or so and I'm just chasing some tips,

3) What size springs would best suit my ute?

Don't know what your objectives are. Will it be carrying heavy cargo? Are you worried about how it looks?
FWIW, I've driven a VY ute with 18" wheels and FE1.5 springs - that was about the best handling ute of it's era. Anything harder is too uncomfortable.
(FE 1.5 was used mostly on Calais/Caprice)

Jack Gleeson

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Holden VZ Utility 3.6l Alloytec
I’m more going for looks with this car at the moment. My mates with VE’s are on SSSL king springs but my mate with the VZ sedan is on SSL. So I’m not sure which one to go for