Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz ute rear tubs

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
So long story short, as most of you guys know I had a vz ss sedan. Anyway I will explain in my ride thread soon but now I have a vz ss ute.

So as some of you know I had genuine supersports on my vz sedan anyway one of them is no good due to an accident and I managed to pick up a new set of genuine rims for a good price. Obviously being genuine and off a ve the tyres are 245-35-20. Now 2 of them are near New so I was wondering if the rear wheel tubs on the vz Utes would fit those tyres without scrubbing if maybe I just lip my guards. They didn't fit on my sedan but I ran my hand under my ute tubs and they seem like they are bigger.

Anyway it might just be wishful thinking let me know if you have any experience.

Cheers.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
A mate has a clubby and currently has 245 35 20, and they fit without rubbing on the inside or outside, but since its lowered and has a taller profile it scrubs on the rear of the wheel well with the face of the tyre when going over bumps. So basically on the rear it isn't the width you need to worry about, its the height with those wheels. The front's a different story as I'm sure you know - 245 30 20 is the only real size you'll be able to get on there in correctly load rated tyres that won't rub on the strut. Need to make sure the rolling diameter is approx the same from front to rear too otherwise you'll get abs faults.

Btw sorry to hear about the accident man!

Is the new one a 6L too?

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I might just make then all 245/30 then. Yeah she's a 6ltr man an auto though.

14tq3hg.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg

I kept the wreck of the old ss and the motor will go into my old hj.

IMAG0077.jpg

Been doing allot of research on how to make an ls look oldschool which is the ultimate goal now because I don't wanna open the bonnet of my hj and see a plastic motor lol. Here's one someone else has done. I'll be looking to do something similar.

Screenshot_2018-01-26-11-13-07.png

Last edited:

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dammit these links aren't working I'll see if I can fix em.

OK **** me it's annoying trying to share pics these days anyway got one to work I'll try again when I get home.

Last edited:

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Sorry to here about your SS mate, that really sucks.
Gotta be happy with a 6 litre VZ Thunder ute though

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
man an auto?

You could upgrade to a 6 speed auto?

Upgrade an already auto vehicle to an auto
WazzaVN's reply was pretty clear "Yeah she's a 6ltr man an auto though"

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Nice, so you ended up scoring your old mans hj, or is this another one?

Looks good. Nothing wrong with the auto, tends to help keep ya out of trouble if you know what I mean.

Try using imgur as an image host, I find it incredibly easy to use.