Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Ute Seats into a VR

Brendo McGrath

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S Ute
Hi Forum, Can VZ Ute seats fit a VR? We would like to go Leather SS seats. Not sure what’s required? Any feed back would be great. Cheers. Brendo

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 by VX Acclaim Wagon Series II 2001 & 2002
They may not be legal if they do fit since the SRS airbags wouldn't work in a VR would they?

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
They may not be legal if they do fit since the SRS airbags wouldn't work in a VR would they?
VZ utes did not have side air bag. They were option on the Crewman.
And VT-VZ seats do not fit earlier Commodores.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14

Doubt it would matter, as long as the ones that were factory fitted to the car work. Usually transplant seats being a problem centres around the rail or seat not being ADR compliant.

They can be modified to fit (says VT/VX but fairly sure VY/VZ will be exactly the same) - [URL]https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vt-vx-retrofit-guide-for-vn-vp-vr-vs.59801/[/URL]

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Doubt it would matter, as long as the ones that were factory fitted to the car work. Usually transplant seats being a problem centres around the rail or seat not being ADR compliant.

They can be modified to fit (says VT/VX but fairly sure VY/VZ will be exactly the same) - https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vt-vx-retrofit-guide-for-vn-vp-vr-vs.59801/

I had VZ seats in my old VP ute.
I used the VZ seat back onto the VP seat base.
Swapped the VZ foam onto the VP seat base.