Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Big props for a DIY build and having a good crack yourself mate well done. I agree about not needing the speakers behind your head but eh its your car you can do what you like. Pretty keen to see how it turns out for you.

overload

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive 1995
Looking Great Barra!! Nice job and just the thread im looking for!!

A question or two if i may: Have you managed to get it all back in and finished? If so did you lose much movement in your seats? back & forth and also in tilt?

do you think you couldve fit 12in subs in there instead of the 10in's?

Im doing a bit of homework for a mates ute and yours is one of, if not the, best DIY jobs ive seen by a non professional.

barra218

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Ute
Hey mate. Sorry for the late replies! Its not fully back together as yet as im waiting to get my hood lining redone. I did loose some movement but not a lot. I actually gained movement from what i had previously so that was a plus. 12" subs would prob fit. you would have to find something less than 6" deep and that could operate in a fairly small box but it would be doable.

If anyone's wondering, i ended up putting both amps under the passenger seat with a few cooling fans. One amp had to hang out the back but im not worried as you can't see it anyway!

Im definitely very happy with how the whole thing turned out, I do admit that the behind head speakers are unnecessary though i do like the noise coming from everywhere kinda feel. (even if the are on -10 fader). Also it looks impressive haha. If anyone has any other questions feel free to ask and i should have a finished product photo up soon when its all back together!

barra218

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Ute
And thanks for the complement, overload! Im actually surprised with myself haha. Though anyone with a little skill and the right tools could achieve this easily i think! hope i've inspired at least someone to tackle a more complex diy job themselves!