Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz ute wheel scraping when loaded

grasshopper645

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Ute 6.0
My 06 vz ss ute the rear wheels on one side scrape on the fender when the tray is filled with things not that heavy. It never used to do this. When I jacked it up and look under I cant see anything out of the ordinary.

Is this likely to be the gas strut failing? Is there some way I can test to confirm or should it be obvious?

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Shock absorber has had it on the side where the sag occurs. Thus can result in sag and raising up of the front, especially niggly at night because it causes the lights to be aimed at the wrong height, potentially dazzling incoming drivers. Replace both shocks when one is buggered. A dead shock will also effect tyre wear and directional stability under heavy braking.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Does it look like this,
XlahVHc.jpg

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Bent control arm or something? Stuffed shock should have no effect on how it sits, only how it bumps and rebounds. The spring itself is what holds it up. Are both springs seated correctly?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Have you changed rims? Uneven load tilts the rear end down and inwards, have you fitted a tool box to one side? Using your fingers as a guide are the wheels the same distance apart from the guard?