Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ ute wheels

C-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 SS Thunder Ute 6ltr V8 manual
vz-ute-drag .jpg
I have 20" wheels with low profine tires, I want to change to "old school" look with smaller solid rims and fat tires
The ones I have now are 10" wide on rear and maybe 8.5" on the front, I like the width but not the see through spokey rims.

My first choice would be centerline wheels, they have just come to Australia but I don't know if they make anything for me?

The photo shows what I have and what I am after....less metal and more rubber
Holden-Commodore-Simmons-OM-Gold-wheel-Achilles-tyre-rear-wheel-close-up-shot-february-2018.jpg
centerline wheels.jpg
centerline wheels.jpg

Last edited:

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Between Commodore Stud pattern and your choice of brakes you will be fairly limited to what you can run. But if you just have the standard brakes it shouldnt be too much of an issue.
I'd look at the weld S71. This is one of the few weld wheels that comes in commodore stud pattern. Most are just ford/chev.Anything Centreline will only be Ford/Chev pattern. Lots of people run chev pattern wheels on commodores, not something id do but thats another arguement all again. Though there are places who can re-drill axles to suit ford/chev pattern which will open up your options a whole lot. Look up Showtime Customer Fabrication for one if you want to look into that path.
S71_45.jpg

C-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes, it is complicated..
1. I need to know my offest required (I think it may be around 40mm) but not sure.
2. I also need to know what the rolling height will be after dropping the rim size and increasing the rubber size
3. brake size? I don't know if I have standard brakes or not? With a 6ltr V8 I am guessing they must be the big ones?
4. rim with, if I want 10" wide rears does the rim need to be 10" wide?
I like the look of meaty tires

UTE FAT WHEELS.jpg

C-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
I pulled into Phat Wheels today and they had a look at my ute
1. I don't have bigger brakes
2. what will fit is ---
Front you want 15x7 +40 offset
Rear you want 15x9 +45 offset

We can run some good size rear tyres to give you the look you’re chasing.
They already have 17 inch options available but contact them and ask about making a set of staggered 15 inch chaser rims.
http://www.bciwheels.com.au/

So I will give these guys a call and see what they can do and how much

C-

C-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
I can get these from BCI any width in 15" or 17" to fit...not too exciting but will hold any size rubber

SILVER INTERSEPTERS WITH CHROME RIMS RINGS.jpg

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Yeah I like em..thats whats on my VR sedan but not as wide and with VB chrome center caps

C-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
Between Commodore Stud pattern and your choice of brakes you will be fairly limited to what you can run. But if you just have the standard brakes it shouldnt be too much of an issue.
I'd look at the weld S71. This is one of the few weld wheels that comes in commodore stud pattern. Most are just ford/chev.Anything Centreline will only be Ford/Chev pattern. Lots of people run chev pattern wheels on commodores, not something id do but thats another arguement all again. Though there are places who can re-drill axles to suit ford/chev pattern which will open up your options a whole lot. Look up Showtime Customer Fabrication for one if you want to look into that path.
S71_45.jpg

Are any made in Australia? looks like they are USA

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Any speed shop should be able to get them for you. Not sure who's up in QLD really but VPW or Speedpro down in Vic ship too.