Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz ute window problem

Auscharlo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute
Hi there, I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I have searched loads of window fault threads and cant find an answer. My friend who lives 500km away in a remote town has a vz ute, the drivers window stopped working. I took a second hand door (for parts) down the last time I went to visit him and found that the window has moved backwards as it winds down and hits the door lock inside the door. I replaced the lock as it was bent and the window reg as I thought this was the problem. It is still hitting the new lock, even with the little rubber piece in place at the end of the window trim. What stops the window moving backward as it doesn't have a full track like a normal car? I couldn't see anything missing, bent or broken and would like to make sure I take the correct part next time I go to visit him. Any help would be much appreciated

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Are the plastic guides worn? Maybe then, the window can move around in the runner.

Auscharlo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute
Are the plastic guides worn? Maybe then, the window can move around in the runner.
I couldn't see any guides in either door, I presume it is a fault in the front of the window because it is moving backwards

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Here’s a screen shot of some aftermarket new ones. I circled the guides.

Attachments

• B5FB1561-7537-42D4-9639-7E6A5C9C048B.jpeg
    B5FB1561-7537-42D4-9639-7E6A5C9C048B.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 131

Auscharlo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute
Here’s a screen shot of some aftermarket new ones. I circled the guides.
Thanks for that but I'm sure that its not the problem as I changed the complete regulator with no difference, I even adjusted the slider on the door to try and tilt the window forward. On the rear of the window there is a metal slider and I'm wondering if there is something similar on the front of the window?

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Here you go, this should help and let you see what you are dealing with.

Attachments

• Window guides etc.pdf
    156.9 KB · Views: 231