Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ V6 220kw

DavoTheGreat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series ClubSport
i can't imagine the fuel economy getting any worse! My factory sticker said 16.6, but its more like 17...

gslrallysport, you should look into the V8 adventra instead. My dad has a LX8 that he uses for towing horsefloats etc and he gets 13 - 14L/100. He briefly had a v6 adventra and it, like yours, was around the 17 mark. It's been edited but the fuel economy was the same before and after, it just goes a whole lot harder now, especially when towing - don't even notice the horsefloat there at all, and no such thing as hills :thumbsup:

BobT

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
Yep I would say so.

Holden run the cars so rich from factory, so when its leaned out and given the correct air fuel ratio they make more power.

The same thing happens with the GENIII V8s. The VT V8 made 220kw. Give it a tune a 300kws is there for the asking.

Why would Holden do that? I mean, with fuel economy and power being such a selling point.

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
Yep I would say so.

Holden run the cars so rich from factory, so when its leaned out and given the correct air fuel ratio they make more power.

The same thing happens with the GENIII V8s. The VT V8 made 220kw. Give it a tune a 300kws is there for the asking.
Powerchip tunes the ECU to deliver extra performance without relying on knock sensor feedback.
“In terms of fuelling, the standard tune is pretty rich – it runs about 10.7 or 10.8:1 [air-fuel ratio] . they adjust it to around 12.5:1. That’s where the engine likes to be – going leaner doesn’t give any more power,” Powerchip said this when i questioned about leaning out a/f ratios to make more power.