Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ V6 220kw

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
I was talking to Matt from Majic Performance. He is the one that has produced a turbo kit for the alloytex making 330kw.

He said they run very very rich and there is heaps of power to be gain out of them. He said with extractors and system aswell as an interceptor piggy back style computer to handle fuel and ignition that any 175kw alloytec will make 220kw.

Cost installed and tuned he said would be $3000 for the extractors, exhurst system, piggy back computer and all tuning.

I was think very seriously about getting this done.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
would the 190 be around the 230 mark ???? with same mods

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
naf33n said:
would the 190 be around the 230 mark ???? with same mods

Yep I would say so.

Holden run the cars so rich from factory, so when its leaned out and given the correct air fuel ratio they make more power.

The same thing happens with the GENIII V8s. The VT V8 made 220kw. Give it a tune a 300kws is there for the asking.

crewzincool

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-V6/2005 SV6
Is there any power gain to be made by just installing a K&N filter?

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
crewzincool said:

Its not a noticable gain

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
crewzincool said:
probably 2 or 3kw.

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
brettsv6 said:
probably 2 or 3kw.

If that.

Its incredable how many people put bolt ons on their car thing thay are going to make big power gains.

The filter might give it a 1kw up top end, but you will never feel it anywhere else.

Now if you did a K & N filter, MCAI, and then clean the intake path up you might pick up 5-6kws

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
VTSS350 said:
I was talking to Matt from Majic Performance. He is the one that has produced a turbo kit for the alloytex making 330kw.

He said they run very very rich and there is heaps of power to be gain out of them. He said with extractors and system aswell as an interceptor piggy back style computer to handle fuel and ignition that any 175kw alloytec will make 220kw.

Cost installed and tuned he said would be $3000 for the extractors, exhurst system, piggy back computer and all tuning.

I was think very seriously about getting this done.

I'm guessing those extractors won't suit the AWD? :cry:

I desperately would like some more power and torque out of mine... Towing would be improved, and i can't imagine the fuel economy getting any worse! My factory sticker said 16.6, but its more like 17...

Was thinking capa superchager though... quick, removable, and heaps of torque...

SecretSquirrel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra SX6
I'm interested in hearing more for the AWD as well, my Adventra (190 Alloytec) seems to have less low down torque than my old VX Ecotec...

Si

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
The extractors may or may not fit, but alot of the gains are made by tuning it properly using the interceptor.