Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ V6 AUTO TO MANUAL. COMPUTER HELP

J4K3W1114M

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Gday guys.

i have a 2005 VZ high output SV6 factory manual and the body is defected and pretty smashed up. so i brought a 2004 VZ high output SV6 factory auto and i’ve pulled the motor and gearbox out of both cars and put all the manual bits in the auto shell.

so i’m running the factory manual high output motor with the manual engine loom and manual gearbox loom.

now i’ve put the manual ecu bcm pim and key in the auto shell and had no injectors pulse no fuel pump prime no crank, nothing.

i put the auto ecu bcm key and pim back in with out the TCM (manual loom doesn’t require a TCM) and i have injector pulse and the fuel pump primes but still no crank. bridge the starter fuse and it will start and runs and drives but obviously doesn’t run properly because it’s auto tune not manual.

i know the computers are linked to the vin, but if i’m using the manual computers essentially it’s the manual car electronically in the auto shell so why won’t it run?

would the cars having different abs modules be my problem?
the auto shells abs has less abs lines then the manual shells abs has.

not sure where to go from this point. i’m pretty stumped, so any help or advise would be muchly appreciated.

thanks in advance for any help

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
So no crank whatsoever? Is the neutral safety switch attached to that loom?

J4K3W1114M

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
So no crank whatsoever? Is the neutral safety switch attached to that loom?

it’s running the manual loom so everything plugs in how it would in a factory manual car, runs on auto computers with starter bridged so can’t be the safety switch or it wouldn’t run at all

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Going by this post here (https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/eyys-vy-calais-ls1.272746/#post-2983179) it is likely to be the ABS module. Brake lines shouldn't be to hard with to remove if your careful. Getting them in might be a pain without taking the engine out. If that's still not it, it may be a BCM level issue and you might have to get everything linked to the original BCM. What models are they?

Would be a good idea to record your donor VIN somewhere as that is required for some Tech 2 functionality between the BCM/PCM/Key if you need one to change things in the future, and will also be telling of the whole ABS setup.

J4K3W1114M

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Going by this post here (https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/eyys-vy-calais-ls1.272746/#post-2983179) it is likely to be the ABS module. Brake lines shouldn't be to hard with to remove if your careful. Getting them in might be a pain without taking the engine out. If that's still not it, it may be a BCM level issue and you might have to get everything linked to the original BCM. What models are they?

Would be a good idea to record your donor VIN somewhere as that is required for some Tech 2 functionality between the BCM/PCM/Key if you need one to change things in the future, and will also be telling of the whole ABS setup.

both cars are sv6 so bcm should be sane level i would of thought and ABS module has a different plug on the body loom it’s bigger on the manual so to run the manual abs module i’d need to change body harness

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Did one have traction control and cruise and one didn't?

Bryceweir

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ss, vz Ute, vy sedan
Gday guys.

i have a 2005 VZ high output SV6 factory manual and the body is defected and pretty smashed up. so i brought a 2004 VZ high output SV6 factory auto and i’ve pulled the motor and gearbox out of both cars and put all the manual bits in the auto shell.

so i’m running the factory manual high output motor with the manual engine loom and manual gearbox loom.

now i’ve put the manual ecu bcm pim and key in the auto shell and had no injectors pulse no fuel pump prime no crank, nothing.

i put the auto ecu bcm key and pim back in with out the TCM (manual loom doesn’t require a TCM) and i have injector pulse and the fuel pump primes but still no crank. bridge the starter fuse and it will start and runs and drives but obviously doesn’t run properly because it’s auto tune not manual.

i know the computers are linked to the vin, but if i’m using the manual computers essentially it’s the manual car electronically in the auto shell so why won’t it run?

would the cars having different abs modules be my problem?
the auto shells abs has less abs lines then the manual shells abs has.

not sure where to go from this point. i’m pretty stumped, so any help or advise would be muchly appreciated.

thanks in advance for any help
Hey mate did you find what the issue was? I’m having trouble he exact same issue now, I can’t accelerate at all. I’ve done everything you have mentioned above. Any help would be great