Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ V6 Coil Packs

calaisvl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim Wagon
I need to replace the coil packs in my VZ V6. It feels like I had them replaced not that long ago. But might be a few years. Just looking for feedback on what brand seem to be better quality. NGK, ACDelco, Top Gun, Calibre. Just to name a few.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
OE Holden last over 200,000km easy.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
If your VZ V6 coils require replacement frequently, something more serious is going on that does not involve them, but which affects their serviceability.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Check what brand of coil you got last time and don't get the same again this time.
All the good brands have the name printed on the top of them which is easy to see. The cheap and nasty ones have no name.
I believe the best brand is Denso and they are made in Japan. You can find them online for quite good price these days. Don't fall for the so called high power no name coils you see advertised. Delco should be ok too.

calaisvl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim Wagon
If your VZ V6 coils require replacement frequently, something more serious is going on that does not involve them, but which affects their serviceability.
Not sure. My mechanic replaced some last time. It was a while ago and I cant remember. but i think only a couple were replaced. I has it in for a service recently a he recommended replacing them due to a common misfire problem. This time im going to replace all of them myself.

calaisvl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim Wagon
Check what brand of coil you got last time and don't get the same again this time.
All the good brands have the name printed on the top of them which is easy to see. The cheap and nasty ones have no name.
I believe the best brand is Denso and they are made in Japan. You can find them online for quite good price these days. Don't fall for the so called high power no name coils you see advertised. Delco should be ok too.
I've got no idea what brand were installed. I'll have a look. i'm just looking to see what most people are placing them with.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
I've got no idea what brand were installed. I'll have a look. i'm just looking to see what most people are placing them with.

OEM would be Delco, 2006 VZs onward; like-replacements are by Bosch. But I cannot verify that for the VZ Acclaim wagon, even though it's in the broader VZ family.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
I got mine on ebay no name on them seem to be working fine,old ones where bosch