Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ V6 ECU And Security Set Replacement (Replacements for Failed ECU, BCM, PIM)

Trev084

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 6 Seat Wagon. 2005 VZ SV6
Good old failed ECM. Honestly I’d just send it all off to injectronics and get them to fix it. I didn’t even bother with second hand stuff with mine.

The Don 1981

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ and 2010 VE SS
Hey all. Been having trouble with the dredded ecu starting failure for 2 yrs. Was pulling out the ecu relay and putting it back in as a shortcut to start it. Today after reading heaps of threads picked up a second hand ecu, pim, tcu and bcu for $200 wacked em all in and she's starting without failure. No doubt it will fail again in the future but thanks for the info. Helped me out heaps.

Leuspage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Please help. I done the full security set replace. Now it is throwing up warning lights. Abs fault, esp fail, says trac off when I hit the mode button also handbrake light stays on. Due for rego in three days and I am so stuck. Any help would be really appreciated

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Slug powered VZ, Cross 8 VZ, VE Calais & ya mum.
If you replaced from same engine (LE0 or LY7 depending on what is in your car), and the BCM level is a match (mid or high depending on your model) then the set would be faulty.

Super important that all voltage to these systems is disabled before fitting. No battery connected.