Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ v6 engine and ac problems

KevRum

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore 2006 wagon
I have few problems with my Holden:

1. When i fuel up (e10) to full, the first start car will die, then second time i have to cranck for like 5 seconds and then it starts up but stutters.

2. When driven for like 30mins and then stop for ~20min (shopping) sometimed car dies on first start and then again have to crank for ~5sec.

No error codes usually on these 2 problems and cold starts are 95% perfect.

3. When ac is on, and i accelerate hard, car changes places the air comes out of. If i have it set up to face and feet and go up a hill or start moving from traffic light it will shoot air out to windshield.

Hope someone has ideas...

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
1. and 2. Change to premium
3. loss of vacuum due to hard acceleration, check the one way valve at the rear of the plenum on drivers side, it's small round, black and white with thin vacuum hose, that it will only let air flow one way.

KevRum

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore 2006 wagon
1. and 2. Change to premium
3. loss of vacuum due to hard acceleration, check the one way valve at the rear of the plenum on drivers side, it's small round, black and white with thin vacuum hose, that it will only let air flow one way.

1. and 2. Ill try that when its empty again, what u suggest? As im new to australian fuels, In estonia we only had 95 and 98

3. Ill have a look at it tomorrow after work, is there a way to test it?

EDIT: I checked it and it seems to be working as one way, if i blew in from one end it let air thru and other end it was blocked. I placed it back as i saw from one diagram, white side towards engine, but still same issue, on accelerating.

Last edited: