Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ V6 Growler Cold Air Induction

jdrVZute

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Vee Zed Ute
Hey guys.
I'm looking on the net for a Growler Cold Air Induction for my ute and i got onto the SSinductions website and they have them for $600. Has anyone gotten one? Are they worth looking into? Any answers will be muchly appreciated.
Cheers boys.

wattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6 04
i got one off ebay for 250 (just troll ebay until you find a cheapy) definitely has a nice induction roar, with power i have no idea..

JShaw

greeeeeeeeen
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Executive
$600 is way too pricey, as mentioned above you can get one off ebay for $250 and MACE Engineering also make one, find it at maceengineering.com.au, i just checked the site and they sell for $270

You will not notice any power gains really, SSInductions CAI states 11kw increase where MACE says 5kw, either way it's jack #### and unnoticeable if it's the only engine mod you've got.
if you're after purely performance i'd be investing in something bigger, but it does have a nice roar at high revs

red_rocket05

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS COMMODORE UTE
i bought one off ebay for 300. a little better throttle response. nice sound except for a squeel when sitting at 2000rpm

jdrVZute

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Vee Zed Ute
Ok, sweet as.
I already have a 2.5" system with pacemaker extractors, it already sounds nice but will the growler make it sound deeper? I don't want the growler to make it sound bad, that's all.

Shmick vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz s ute.
ss inductions are u waste if money on v6s in my opinion ud be better of doing 2 hole mod as its cheaper and will get same results or try the mcai

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
I bought one new, paid the $600 for it. Nice induction sound, however I found it actually made the car sluggish mid-range over the past year of having it.....

I believe you need to make tuning changes to the MAF calibration take full advantage of it.

Worth the money for the sound, but I doubt it adds any performance, maybe up top if anything and a minor improvement for throttle response......

Two hole mod is cheaper, just doesn't give you the induction sound.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
$600 for sound??

Drill some holes in the air box and get the same thing.
Its borderline scam.

simz1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Equipe
I got the SS Growler, I did find it was abit quicker (not breakneck speeds). It has quite a nice growl at higher revs and as a few have said a squeel around the 2000 mark...