Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ V6 misfire under load...

dylsrach

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Crewman
hey... my '05 vz sv6 has got a serious problem when under load or going up hill. Feels like a misfire. Had it to local mechanic a couple of months back & he reckons he can't find anything wrong with it, a bit useless to say the least! Plugs & leads all good + no error codes at all apparently. Anyone else had a similar problem with an alloytec?

Slipper

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SV6 A5
are you sure its engine and not transmission?

dylsrach

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Crewman
I hadn't considered the trans to be honest. What would likely be the issue in the trans? Cheers.

Burnout124

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2/ VY SS 6sp
vz v6 dose not have leads it is a coil on sperk plug engine but i would say it is a coil braking down .

dylsrach

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Crewman
Its auto. Cant feel anything through the shifter if you hold it while its misfiring so I assume its coming from the engine. Cheers burnout124, thought maybe coil. Do you know how much should I expect to pay to get it replaced?

kronich3244

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Manual, VZ SV6 Manual
On the vz their is 6 individual coils, it is very common for them to give out, if you buy the genuine ones (BOSCH) it wil most probably happen again its only a matter of time.. recently DENSO has made aftermarket coils to suit.. for BOSCH it is about $350 for all six and for the DENSO ones expect to pay a lil more about $430 for all 6.... how ever you can buy them individually but you will have to pull out the volt meter and a service manual to trace it down to the faulty one or you can just take it to a mechanic / auto electrician and they will be able to find the faulty one for you, also at the same time i recommend you change the spark plugs aswell!!! Hope this information helps!!!

mattsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SENATOR
See above. This guy knows what he is talking about. It will be your coils or plugs.

chevy quad

Reaction score
Members Ride
WB one tonner
i would say it is the coil pack or i have come across the earth wire on the back of the head to the fire wall will corrode, and badly if the engine is wash with a gerny or alike. Not likely but i have replaced 5 last year and it stopped the problem of what you describe. If it is that, dont replace it with a factory one , get a flat wire braded one, from an auto elect. I found that out from my two years in an holden workshop. People spend a whole heap of money, cant find the problemand thats all it is. On some models they dont even have the wire to the back of the head to the fire wall, but on major servicing , holdens normally put the wire in, weather it has a problem or not. hope this helps!

slayer73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
happened to me 3 months ago...changed plugs and all gone...runs well now never skip a beat....