Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ v6 smoking issues.

Tegboy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ commodore calais
Hi guys a mate of mine borrowed my VZ Calais V6 whilst I was on holiday. He was driving it last night on the freeway when he said he noticed smoke coming from the rear of the car. He pulled over and checked. Couldn’t see any reasons for smoke. He had it towed home.
He looked everywhere he could. Couldn’t see any real leaks. All fluid levels are fine. He degreased the engine bay to see if he could find any leaks. The only possible spot was a drip of oil on the cross member. But not enough for any smoking.
Car runs perfectly. No error codes. No noises.
Any other areas to check?

I’m still away and he is worried he has damaged my car. It’s done 96k. Was running perfectly before I left. No leaks or anything odd.

only mods to the car is an exhaust. MACE manifold spacer. And a air box modded with the dual hole mod.

Last edited:

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Transmission fluid coming out of the breather hose and landing on the exhaust is one I've seen before.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Tell him stop spinning rubber, lol. Is it out the exhaust or what? Maybe he left the handbrake on.

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Trans fluid out of the front or rear bearing...

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Is this a serious or big fix?
How do they know if its transmission oil or motor oil without knowing, one little drip here and there not going to make a lot of smoke, what color smoke? white or black? Could be just steam.

Last edited:

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Have a look under the car, and see if there is oil or trans fluid sprayed around. Common problem is front seal and spraying over hot cats and producing off white smoke out the back of the car. But LOOK first, no point worrying without looking!

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Since your away and he drove it have them take it to get looked at. Problem solved.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
NEVER loan your car to ANYBODY.