Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ V6 Ute Exhaust?

Jake911

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ V6 Ute
I bought my 2004 VZ Ute V6 a few months ago and it is pretty well stock, other than some alloy rims. Needless to say the exhaust has no note and I am looking for an exhaust system for my ute.

I want to know what exhaust system options I have for my model ute. The only criteria I am looking for in an exhaust is the note , I want the sound of an exhaust (not too loud) but I want the note to be there as the foot goes down.

The exhaust system I am looking at, at the moment is the X-Force full twin system, what note could I expect from this, and is there better options for my Ute.

Thanks - Jake.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Try using the search function as this has been done a zillion times over.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
PM not_an_abba_fan and get a Manta 2 1/4" from him. The x force sounds cheap and will be obnoxiously loud.

DeadlySphinx

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
I got the twin 2 1/4" into a single 3" Manta exhaust from not_an_abba_fan for my VZ sedan a month or so ago, it great. Exactly what I wanted.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The system I do is perfect for the VZ, the only thing is that it won't bolt straight up to the ute as it is only made for the sedans. You can still fit it to the ute, but you will need to put a section of about 120mm in front of the the front mufflers to lengthen it for the ute.

Jake911

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ V6 Ute
Ok thanks. How much is it for the 2 1//4 twin system ?? And what note does it give.(PM if prefered) My local mechanic is pretty cluey with exhausts and stuff, so he should be able to put it on for me no problem but I'll tell him about the 120mm gap if I get yours. Thanks again.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It is a deep and smooth note, not raspy at all. It doesn't drone either. It's not overly loud, but has a nice bark to it when you get into it.

See if DeadlySphinx can post up a sound clip to give you an idea on how it sounds.

$495 shipped including gaskets and clamp.

Jake911

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ V6 Ute
Sounds really good man, from what your telling me, if thats the price for a whole thing sounds good too, cheaper than the X Force one I was looking at. This was a twin system wasn't it? Hopefully be in contact in the next fortnight or so about getting one. Thnks allot.

DeadlySphinx

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
Will post a video of mine on sunday, that way other people can have a listen as well and see if they'd be interested in these systems. I for one couldn't be happier with it, I had a loud exhaust on there, and after that, this is perfect, exactly what I wanted.

While just driving around normally, you can just hear it over the engine, but it's not obnoxiously loud, has a real nice deep clean note too it. Then when you really get up it, as Abba said, it barks pretty well.