Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ/VE 6 speed gear knob

Doc59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro
The leather gear knob on my VZ Monaro has split from age and use and, after lots of searching, think the VE red and black leather knob would be a decent looking replacement (mine is black with red stitching). The only original knob I found on ebay is ridiculously expensive and the VE ones not too bad. Before I ring Holden and check prices just wanted to check here and see if anyone can confirm the VE gear knob will fit a VZ, searches seem to indicate it will.

Posted this in general as I'm cross model shopping.

Doc59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro
Just in case anyone else is interested in this. Took my VZ gear knob and shaft to a dealers today and compared them to a VE gear knob, looks good but pity it won't fit. The VZ gear shaft is a larger diameter than the VE. Back to looking for other options.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
VZ.. different to VE... different to VF

unfortunately

Doc59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro
OK, don't take what I said as gospel yet. JHP sell the same VE gear knob (92184837) as suitable for VY and VZ so I emailed them and they are certain it will fit, even sent me a couple of photo's of the knob going on a VY/Z gear stick. I'll call the dealer tomorrow and double check that it was that part number I tried today. If it is then I don't know whats going on.