Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Vibration

Clinster

Reaction score
Website
s2.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VSII Berlina
so my mate had got an VZ Acclaim (40thou) and has noticed a slight noise what seems to be a vibration under the car. It only happens at a certain rev range (1,500 - 2000ish) on a slight incline.
any one got any ideas or experiences?

Ronaldw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS DEC 2007
It's funny I have the same problem and I have no idea where it is coming from, sometimes it seem it is in the rear other times up around the front area.
It has got me buggered because to take it to a dealer you don't know where to suggest to look, I am still trying to localise it but I can't.
Maybe if you can get some ramps and go along and check every bolt and screw front to rear to see if anything is loose.

M

Marty's_SV6

I have heard bout this problem from other with a VZ, It may be the power steering unit.
I was told that if you go back to the dealer they will upgrade the main powersteering hose as the old one can't take the pressure.

Cheers

Clinster

Reaction score
Website
s2.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VSII Berlina
If the vibration came in when the steering is being turned i would agree but the noise was no where near the front where the pump is.

cold_carve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS 6sp Manual
worth a look at least... i work with forklifts and there are alot of hydraulic systems aboard, hydraulic fluid doesnt just stop flowin when its comming from the pump it has to be diverted at valve points to avoid blowing the pump or other parts of the system... it could be in these diverted areas of the system or could be somethin else... even if its not the cause least u got an early fix on a known problem and it aint out of your pocket... up to u!

Benotto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive V6
I know this is a very old thread but in case someone is trying to find the cause of a vibration like the one described here I'll write down my experience. My VZ V6 Alloytec had a harmonic vibration which came in at about 1500rpm, was very bad at 1700 to 1800 rpm and was gone at 2300rpm. I discovered if I took the serpentine belt off the vibration went away. Obviously you can't go far without that belt. I tried a few different things and finally discovered that the vibration was coming from the AC compressor. The cause was a loose bolt attaching the AC compressor mounting bracket to the engine. Specifically, the bolt which was loose was directly under the serpentine belt idler pulley. You need a 15mm socket. It should be accessible without removing anything. I'm not quite sure about that as I had everything off when I found it, including the compressor. Good luck.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I know this is a very old thread but in case someone is trying to find the cause of a vibration like the one described here I'll write down my experience. My VZ V6 Alloytec had a harmonic vibration which came in at about 1500rpm, was very bad at 1700 to 1800 rpm and was gone at 2300rpm. I discovered if I took the serpentine belt off the vibration went away. Obviously you can't go far without that belt. I tried a few different things and finally discovered that the vibration was coming from the AC compressor. The cause was a loose bolt attaching the AC compressor mounting bracket to the engine. Specifically, the bolt which was loose was directly under the serpentine belt idler pulley. You need a 15mm socket. It should be accessible without removing anything. I'm not quite sure about that as I had everything off when I found it, including the compressor. Good luck.

Mate, thanks for putting that info up, it makes life soooo much easier if we can do a simple search and find info such as this.

Jodonnell

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6
Yep I've got the same problem chech the ac bolts bearing etc can't find the problem frustrating

Wats_in_a_name

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
so my mate had got an VZ Acclaim (40thou) and has noticed a slight noise what seems to be a vibration under the car. It only happens at a certain rev range (1,500 - 2000ish) on a slight incline.
any one got any ideas or experiences?
Does it happen at any particular speeds? When going downhill I get a vibration when travelling 70km/h plus and it sounds like my issue might be the same as your mate's.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Hey Crowny, you might want to check the date on posts
The original post is 9 1/2 years old mate