Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Wagon brake lights

crusty49

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra SX6
Hi, newbie here hoping someone can shine some light for me.

I have a VZ Adventra where the LH stop light is not working. RH and top lights are fine. Have replaced the globe (no sign that the original was dodgy), wiring looks OK, checked fuse all fine.

I think that probably leaves the switch. Does the R/L wiring have a seperate connection on to the switch? Or does the switch itself have seperate contacts for R/L?

How difficult is it (the switch) to replace. Bear in mind I am and old bloke...

Thanks

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Welcome.
I had my 74th today.
Won't be the switch if the other 2 are working, most likely earth or wiring
Clean inside the bulb holder with emery cloth/sand paper/ or simply scratch where the pins on the bulb touch the bulb holder and
make sure the bulb is good by swapping with the other side.
If that does not work buy a cheap test light ( sharp pin type where you push the pin into the insulation and it lights up) and test for power at the wire.
If there is a trailer plug whoever connected it into the wiring harness may have cocked it up.
Come back if all this fails

Reactions: Lex

crusty49

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra SX6
Welcome.
I had my 74th today.
Won't be the switch if the other 2 are working, most likely earth or wiring
Clean inside the bulb holder with emery cloth/sand paper/ or simply scratch where the pins on the bulb touch the bulb holder and
make sure the bulb is good by swapping with the other side.
If that does not work buy a cheap test light ( sharp pin type where you push the pin into the insulation and it lights up) and test for power at the wire.
If there is a trailer plug whoever connected it into the wiring harness may have cocked it up.
Come back if all this fails
Thanks rambunctious; got the trusty meter out and found two open circuit bulbs and a dodgy socket. All fixed for the moment at least.

Happy birthday!

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Thanks for the birthday wishes and thanks for coming back to let us know it's solved.
Always good to hear a problem is fixed.

Reactions: Lex