Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Wagon Interior Light Help

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Hi Guys,

I recently had my headliner replaced and while doing that I had a dash cam installed as well as changed the interior lights to LED. I did the reverse polarity mod on the front lights which hold the sunglasses as well.

I checked to see if the lights worked before I put everything back together.

Now my problem is that the rear passenger lights don't work when you open the rear door. They do work when I switch the hit the switch. The fronts work fine when I open the front door it's just the back doesn't work when the back door opens(not the tailgate but the middle passenger doors)

Are the wires connected in the front where I did the mod or do I have to check a fuse or pull everything apart again and check the wires.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
All the wiring goes back to the drivers side b-pillar. The plug is at the top half near the roof lining from memory.
It might be because you reversed the polarity and that changes where the rear lights get their input?

It was a while ago I did mine. I added rear courtesy lights and sunnies holder. Mine just came with a centre light and I had to rewire the lot to adapt in a Calais roof loom in.

I did a few tries to get it right.
I did a thread somewhere.