Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz wagon tail lights

B

bluevz

just wired up trailer lights.... the left indicator not working!! It turns out after some fault finding the wiring loom in the car hasn't been installed properly! the yellow wire in the cars trailer connector is floating loose at the other end and not connected to anything. all other light work ok r-indicator, tail, brakes. So where does the yellow wire with its single wire connector plug in. I cant find any left indicator voltage on the multipin connectors at the end of the trailer loom. Any help, wiring diagrams etc would be appreciated. Thanks Dave

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
The yellow wire on the trailer plug, should just connect to the light blue wire.
The light blue wire is for the left indicator.
If you have a look on the left tail light assembly loom, you might just find it's become disconnected from a connector.
If you can't find where its become disconnected from, just splice the yellow wire into the light blue wire and all should be good.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
If I'm correct, the main tail light wiring loom should be behind the right tail light assembly, under the carpet.
Just pull back the carpet behind the right tail light and follow the wiring until you find the light blue wire.
You may even find the connector the yellow wire should plug into.
And looking at the diagram, there will be only one light blue wire.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
just wired up trailer lights.... the left indicator not working!! It turns out after some fault finding the wiring loom in the car hasn't been installed properly! the yellow wire in the cars trailer connector is floating loose at the other end and not connected to anything. all other light work ok r-indicator, tail, brakes. So where does the yellow wire with its single wire connector plug in. I cant find any left indicator voltage on the multipin connectors at the end of the trailer loom. Any help, wiring diagrams etc would be appreciated. Thanks Dave

In the wagon there is a single plug/connector which the yellow left turn trailer wire plugs into, it is up behind the drivers indicator.

B

bluevz

In the wagon there is a single plug/connector which the yellow left turn trailer wire plugs into, it is up behind the drivers indicator.

yep found it... the single connector is taped up the cable loom out of sight, plugged in, left indicator now works THANKS. thats a great relief

Shannon ghee

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
So I have a loose yellow wire where do I attach it do my brake light will work

Shannon ghee

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
If I'm correct, the main tail light wiring loom should be behind the right tail light assembly, under the carpet.
Just pull back the carpet behind the right tail light and follow the wiring until you find the light blue wire.
You may even find the connector the yellow wire should plug into.
And looking at the diagram, there will be only one light blue wire.
Do I attach the yellow wire to the light blue one for my brake light to work