Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz wagon water leaking through roof racks

Ben Crouch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim Wagon
anyone had problems with water leaking in through roof racks? my roof lining is starting to droop down due to this, anyone know how to remove the rack tracks? i dont actually have the racks water is coming in from the tracks themselvs.

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
I'f be interested in this also. Mine isn't leaking, but I need to replace a couple of broken retainers on the plastic surround moldings. So if anyone has info of factory diagram of the parts or assembly order it would no doubt help us both. It would also tell if good used parts could actually be removed successfully from another wagon to swap into place. I'd imagine the roof interior lining may have to be removed to access nuts and similar if the rack rails clamp over the plastic trim strips. A photo of a wagon roof minus the trim mat be useful too. thanks

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I had problems when l first bough car.
Roof leaked. Fix was to take out the roof lining. Then there is 6 nuts that hold down both roof racks to the roof of car. Three each side. The bolts sit in grommets that are inserted through the roof, with nuts to secure them to roof. Mine was only leaking at the rear right corner. Undid the three nuts on that side of car & lifted the rack channel up slightly. Then put a bead of silastic round the one that leaked (may have done the three). Let it dried, then tested it with the hose. No leaks, so reassembled.