Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Well any double din radio fit?

Jazza05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
I'm looking at getting a pioneer AVH-2300NEX in my 2005 VZ but I can't find a straight answer if it well or well not fit so I was wondering if anyone knows?

gemini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
I'm assuming all single and double din hu's would all be a standard size. The only thing that might be be different is the fascia.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Yes the Pioneer double din head unit will fit. I've had one in my VZ for a couple of years now so I could have a reverse camera.
You will need an aftermarket double din fascia such as the one in this link https://www.cloudshopper.com.au/~78, they can be had in Black or Grey, not exactly the same as the original Storm Grey but you could have it colour matched if you are fussy. Shop around as prices do vary dramatically.
I suspect you will also need an adapter unit if you want the steering wheel controls to work.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
I'm looking at getting a pioneer AVH-2300NEX in my 2005 VZ but I can't find a straight answer if it well or well not fit so I was wondering if anyone knows?

Jump on the Aerpro website and enter the exact model number of your new stereo
It will tell you exactly...….
# What part number "Steering Wheel Control Harness" you'll need to keep the steering wheel controls
# What part number "Wiring Harness" you'll need to connect to the factory stereo wiring
# What antenna adaptor you'll need to connect to your cars aerial

You can buy the wiring adaptors as a kit or individually....Your choice
You can also choose from a couple of different style fascia options to suit your stereo

https://aerpro.com/vehicles/holden/holden-commodore-2004-2007-vz