Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ with sludge - best process to remove?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
What is different about Royal Purple for sludge ?
My thoughts, probably nothing. Most full Synthetic 5W40 oils are good quality oils that will keep your engine very clean.
Edge, Synpower, HPR, Caltex Havoline, shell ultra, and probably Nulon will all do a fine job. It's the cheap semi Synthetics that too many people and workshops use, and leave in there for way too long that kills them.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Royal Purple has a high amount of detergents. (Apparently)

OldmansVZ6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
I've not checked inside mine yet........but have been changing the oil maximum 5000kms, sometimes less. Filters are coming out pretty clean. Sacked the mechanic as he was using Castrol Magnatec Professional which is as apparently rubbish for the Alloytec. The old man (previous owner) was pretty diligent on the service side however no idea on who the mechanic was or the oil used, Dad isnt around to ask unfortunately. Anyway, I've been using a penrite flush with HPR5 for the last 4 or 5 oil changes along with k&n filters, seems to be working fine. Next change is it at 207kms and I'll be trying Nulon 5/40 with their flush, maybe! Oh and replaced the PCV pipes recently but might pull the drivers side connection and clean on the next service. Theres a great tutorial on this over on the Addy Facebook page by Hamish, worth reading, very knowledge guy. Cheers

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
what does interference moter mean

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ if the cam stops turning due to a cam belt or a cam chain failure, in an interference motor the pistons will hit the valves which will cause some damage to pistons, valves and possible other bits.

In a non interference motor, there is enough clearance between the pistons and valves that if such a cam belt or chain failure occurred, the only damage would be the belt or chain and maybe bits around it. The rest of the motor will survive undamaged.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
thanks for that hope mine is ok will find out tomorrow when I take off the front cover

Marco59

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs sv6
@Marco59, you're again referencing a 2015 post but this time with some attitude towards others that were trying to help back then, some 4 years ago o_O Being a little more observant of the post dates with a little less attitude towards others would probably be a better approach... :rolleyes:
Mate what the hell are you talking about with Attitude? If you cant reply to what i have posted then shut your mouth!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Mate what the hell are you talking about with Attitude? If you cant reply to what i have posted then shut your mouth!
This was the second time you posted a comment on a very old thread but this this time you said:

I have read so many threads where so many think they are full of knowledge when they should keep quiet.

If you can't see that your above statement was full of attitude towards other members, then not much will make you realise any different. So continue to do what you like and answer four old thread with your pearls of wisdom. Continue to have attitude or be rude to others bytelling then to be quiet or shut up and see where that gets you.

May be you are just too juvenille to recognise constructive criticism.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Lets let that sink in a bit hey? Chill out.

Marco59

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs sv6
This was the second time you posted a comment on a very old thread but this this time you said:

If you can't see that your above statement was full of attitude towards other members, then not much will make you realise any different. So continue to do what you like and answer four old thread with your pearls of wisdom. Continue to have attitude or be rude to others bytelling then to be quiet or shut up and see where that gets you.

May be you are just too juvenille to recognise constructive criticism.
oh please forgive me, i am the only person on here to post or reply to old threads? Grow up you ******* child!!!!!