Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ with VE engine

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
what type of chip do you want? Most chips are b-s. Do a search in the tuning thread. If you want your car tuned then you will need to get it tuned with a real time tuning program, on a dyno would be best.

Extractors probably wont make it sound any different.

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Hey thanks guys...duz any1 know where to find a good chip?and my friends say extractors will make it sound ****....is it true???

No. They won't make you're car sound ****.

ghog1726

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Exec
any modification that doesn't require a mod plate and/or takes the car above 200KW & isn't a forced induction mod is legal for those on there P Plates in QLD. don't know about nsw laws

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
NSW laws state that ANY performance modification is illegal.

Changa

Alex Short
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
lol so putting performance oil in your engine is illegal??? Rofl the main concern is getting a P platers car above 200kw, you could have the smallest engine crappiest car and still upgrade it and might make 100kw and it probably wont matter as long as you dont drive an Ali G car lol. For example there are some cars you are allowed to drive the are super and turbo charged. I think one is a SmartCar Sport which has a supercharger LMAO. But in relation to exhausts, in QLD im fairly sure they are legal cos almost every P plater has one. My mate wasnt allowed to get extrators on his MR2 because the insurance company wouldnt insure him, thats all I have ever heard.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hey people i have a 2006 VZ commodore with a VE motor...they used my car to experiment with the new VE motor before the actual VE came out.

Mate - no they didn't. Only very few mules have ever been sold to the public and that hasn't happened for decades. Chances are you have a VZ with an alloytec engine like thousands of other V6 VZ.

Its in a colour called glaze, on a handfull of them made in Australia.

The reason not many were made in that color is because it is the typical non-descript color my granfather would have bought if he still were alive.

Im just afer some modification ideas to enhance performance,as give it more guts, but it must be p plate legal.Weather it be performance chips or whatever it maybe please through ur ideas at me and give me an idea of price and where to get it!!!Thank you heaps!!!!!

p plate legal.... About all you can do is buy a cop chip from ebay. Good for around 20 RWKW :whistling

Reaper

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
p plate legal.... About all you can do is buy a cop chip from ebay. Good for around 20 RWKW :whistling

...or a NOS sticker...I heard they're good for a few extra KW aswell :p

6 shooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VR Executive S2/ Kawasaki zxr250
Your in the wrong country. if you want a powerful car. Here in your learners or restricted you could legally own and drive a blown 454 or something crazy as long as its all been certed and legit. you probably wouldnt get insured though