Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz wont start ?

vzsv604

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
ok guys my vz sv6 04 model has been a pain to start first thing in the mornings it has happened twice so far i have read some of the other problems on forum but still not sure of what is the problem as yet, just had service 70000k i always keep fuel tank over half full all the time,could it be the battery in the key?every thing is working when key is turned on just wont start only took a minute or two then started any ideas?

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
Is starter motor clicking when you turn the key? If so may be the battery on its way out. Go to your local Autobarn and ask them to do a check on your electrical system.

vzsv604

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
no clicking sound just totally dead will take to auto barn like you said we have a second key to the car will use that one and see how it goes?

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
Try locking the car, then unlocking with remote key.

A few months ago I unlocked the car but the key sent a bad signal, then the immobilizer stopped the car from starting thinking it was being tampered with. The only reason i figured it out is because the computer put up a warning message saying immobilizer failure(because the car did start for a few seconds because the immobilizer failed to work). If the immobilizer never failed on your car, it just wont start, there would be no message telling you its the immobilizer.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
An error and/or trouble code is likely to have been recorded somewhere and this is worth interrogating for clues. Many, many things can cause hard starting on what is a very reliable vehicle (VZ), from the key reader to starter, to fuel pump, injectors to ABS and a heap of others... it really needs a service look. Clean the protruding knob on the remote key and thoroughly clean (with e.g. Windex or metho) the key-reader ring around the ignition barrel. Any dirt, grease of film here can upset the initial "handshake" that, when successful, disengages the immobiliser and allows an engine start.

vzsv604

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
ok thanks for the tips used the spare key today and started every time, will clean both surfaces. should i replace both batterys in the remotes and were would the best place to get them?

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
To my knowledge the battery replacement is not a DIY job but one for — you guessed it — Holden! :surprise: True, there are forum-mites here that have done it themselves. The battery is welded in and removing it will reset the codes, hence requiring reprogramming. I have one keyset that has a flat battery in awaiting being taken to the dealer next warranty service (it also needs the rubber buttons replaced, which is quoted at $19).

vzsv604

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
ended up being the starter lose wire etc so not the key thing after all cheers everyone for the tips