Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz won't start

Paul Davies

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6Ausr
Hi all, I have a 2005 VZ. It was driven on to a tow truck and driven off when delivered to me. It now will not start, I have checked the battery, all fuses and relays. The dash comes to life, goes through the system check, but will not start. Any help would be wonderful, thank you.

Ok so an update with this vz not starting. I have gotten myself a scan tool and no codes show up. I have also managed to get it to turn over by shorting out the starter relay, It will crank but will not fire, When it does it's systems check a low fuel alarm shows up. I have put 15lt of fuel in it, so I would say that it doesn't have low fuel and also it says contact dealer. It also says it's due for a service soon.
Any help would be great, thank you in advance.

Last edited:

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Sounds like the Immobiliser.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Check if there is an error code of a 1 in each line of zeros ( 0 ) in the simple diagnostic interrogation (ignition to ACC/ON (NOT START) , hold down up and down arrows on button then scroll through options. The two lines of (normally) just zeroes will be interrupted by a 1 here and there, which is indicative of a trouble code having been logged. If you do see anything out of whack on these two lines, arrange to have a scanner plugged into the OBD port under the dash. The very limited amount of information provided by the display means there is little you can do beside speculate. A techir and his scanner could save you a bit of trouble (BTW, the techie does NOT have to be a Holden DEALER! )

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
More info needed. Does it crank when you turn the key? Have you tried to jump start it? Does it make the weird clicking sound when you try to crank it?

May sound silly too but have you made sure the car is in park or neutral?

Paul Davies

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6Ausr
Check if there is an error code of a 1 in each line of zeros ( 0 ) in the simple diagnostic interrogation (ignition to ACC/ON (NOT START) , hold down up and down arrows on button then scroll through options. The two lines of (normally) just zeroes will be interrupted by a 1 here and there, which is indicative of a trouble code having been logged. If you do see anything out of whack on these two lines, arrange to have a scanner plugged into the OBD port under the dash. The very limited amount of information provided by the display means there is little you can do beside speculate. A techir and his scanner could save you a bit of trouble (BTW, the techie does NOT have to be a Holden DEALER! )
Thank you for your reply, I'm not sure of what you are saying, where are the up and down buttons you talk of?

Paul Davies

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6Ausr
More info needed. Does it crank when you turn the key? Have you tried to jump start it? Does it make the weird clicking sound when you try to crank it?

May sound silly too but have you made sure the car is in park or neutral?
Thank you for your reply, It is in park, no it does not crank, it makes no noises at all. I have tried jump starting it and it made no difference.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Does the remote lock and unlock the doors?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Under the bonnet are some relays in a long box on the drivers side. They are grey. Swap the high beams relay with the starter relay.