Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz workshop manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

robricho

Rob Richo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive
Thanks for the tip, I`ll have a look. cheers

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
problem is workshop manuals are slowly becoming a thing of the past.

I work with a franchise where the "workshop" manual is intergrated with the parts catalogue and diagnostic tools, so unless your a dealer you have no chance of getting hold of it, and watch out for that sort of technology to start hitting the market with other brands. Helps us when dealing with the cars from a dealer perspective, doesnt work so well when your trying to work on the damn think from an owners perspective :bang:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I wonder how the manufacturers can legally provide a product without being required by law to ensure that an owner has access to a maintenance manual. The fact that GM don't provide a printed manual is bad enough, but why has it taken so long for the professional aftermarket bods such as Gregory's or Haynes to have a VY and VZ manual out on the shelves. (Please don't refer to the Ellery's piece of pus - I have one of those and they are disgraceful.

It is now five years since the VY appeared - how long does it take to research and manufacture a manual? Particularly for a model that was little changed from that which preceded it. Most of the VX mechanical and body components are identical to VY. Its really only the dash, electronics and revised bodywork that needs to be researched. then, once you had that manal in print, the VZ could be dealt with as a supplement, concentrating on the engine, transmission, engine management etc.

listen_to_slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Im glad you've saved me from buying the Ellery's manual for VT/X/Y. I spoke to my mate at holden and he said the DVD's with the holden workshop manuals are around $450, and can only be licensed to ONE person, so there go's the idea for a group of us buying one copy and sharing the cost :( i hope someone makes a manual soon.

deth67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
has anyone thought of DVD Shrink? That might be able to kill any encryption on the disc if copies are required.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
has anyone thought of DVD Shrink? That might be able to kill any encryption on the disc if copies are required.

it an iso program for computers...not a dvd.
the one that's on the torrent's

tigerpm7

Gotta love the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Executive MY06

Hey, DVDFab HD Decrypter can take any copyrights of the disk so it can be copied onto the hard drive then on a DVD disk. EASY.

Dti-dan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 175kw 3.6
i got quoted $444 for one today from Wilsons at Albion park. Has any one actually purchased one, are they user freindly?

listen_to_slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
hey guys I'm looking at buying the factory manual, and will be taking the information from it and putting it into word documents. I will be looking selling complete information on the VZ 6 and 8 cylinder models for around $35 a copy for shipping and handling etc.

Can I get a rough idea of how many people would be interested?

Thanks guys, Adam

IPCOlsenVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Commodore Equipe
$444 is a great price compared with mine (450+GST).

It is basically the same setup the VT/VX ones (download the free torrent and check).

I find it very user friendly as you can search through the whole PDF or do a ctrl+F search as well. It has links embedded within the PDF so navigation is very simple.

I dont think you can copy and paste pages from the PDF to a word document, Ill check and get back to you on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.