Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

W310

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE_CalaisV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportswagon
I just did a quick calculation though... 310kw is roughly 230-240 rwkw yeh? That's 25% removed for drivetrain power loss. So isn't that a little low for the OTR, full exhaust and tune figure? Considering most guys on here get around 270rwkw with the same mods?

I'm assuming Walkinshaw's tune is a generic one and keeps things mild as they pick up the warranty from Holden yeh?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I just did a quick calculation though... 310kw is roughly 230-240 rwkw yeh? That's 25% removed for drivetrain power loss. So isn't that a little low for the OTR, full exhaust and tune figure? Considering most guys on here get around 270rwkw with the same mods?

I'm assuming Walkinshaw's tune is a generic one and keeps things mild as they pick up the warranty from Holden yeh?
This! Would be a piss weak tune.

Freestyla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redoine
Guys,
I'm waiting to collect my SS Redline and will be getting the W310 kit after the 3000km inspection.
Not needing a hardcore tune, so piss weak it will be, though the growl coming from this pack is what I'm after and a moderate increase in performance.

When the new exhaust is installed, can you request the stock exhaust be handed over? Or does Holden/Walkinshaw take it away and not allow you to take it?

Last edited:

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
Mate, YOU bought the car with the factory exhaust fitted, you dont have to ask for anything, its YOURS.

VE_CalaisV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportswagon
Yeh, it's your exhaust, when you drop the car off just ask them to put original exhaust in your car.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
You do have to ask in a way, all shops will dispose of a factory exhaust unless you say otherwise.

Shane-0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Those who tested W310 take into account exhaust was new and hasn't settled in? Carbonised
Most stainless sound loud/droney at first, My 2 1/2 full stainless di fillipo was deafening at first, Took a year to settle in nicely, Lost the droney/loudness has a nice deep burble now. Never been done and had epa/cops behind me many times.

Tenpinrob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Has anyone had a w310 on a dyno. It is a generic tune, so there is bound to be some variances (hopefully high given the price) I would be interested to see results for an auto, as I will be fitting it to my redline.

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6

if these workings are correct or fairly close?? id suggest that maybe the W310 is more than that in reality?...3" catback and sidemount cai and tune with mine was 252rwkw.. or they have dumbed down the tune a fair bit!

Also be interested to see a dyno readout from someone who has done the pack,agreed it aint cheap at $6,5k (KPM charge more by the way) but I paid $3600 for my stuff..very happy with it too.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
From my experience drivetrain losses are more like 18% for an auto, and a little less for manual.
25% sound too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.