Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

W310

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
do you have mods flukey? or walky 310 pack perhaps? lol

agreed,ive yet to see a rule of thumb guide as to the drivetrain loss and if it applies to bolt on mods etc etc. just a lot of varied opinions really.DOubt it can be measured exactly to be honest,too many variables I guess.

DO think the "310" sounds a bit tame or on the low side nonetheless.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
No mate, no mods (yet)

In a past life I drove a modded Falcon Turbo, and I know from mine and many others what they put out compared to factory claimed.
240kws for an auto and the dyno range was always 195-200 rwkw's.

The numbers just kept working out pretty consistently.
Manuals always got higher dyno numbers than autos as well.

With modded cars it was pretty much the same.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
No mate, no mods (yet)

In a past life I drove a modded Falcon Turbo, and I know from mine and many others what they put out compared to factory claimed.
240kws for an auto and the dyno range was always 195-200 rwkw's.

From memory the claimed fwkw output of the turbo Falcons were often way under stated. 230-240 RWKW sounds about right from 310 FWKW on a LS.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
From memory the claimed fwkw output of the turbo Falcons were often way under stated.

That is certainly a variable but its a starting point if nothing else.
Surely Walkinshaw would provide before and after graphs to demonstrate the increase with the 310 pack.

VFSSVUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Commodore Ute
$6500 for that, i would never pay that. Im getting a Full Pacemaker exhaust system for $2500 installed.

Tenpinrob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
That is certainly a variable but its a starting point if nothing else.
Surely Walkinshaw would provide before and after graphs to demonstrate the increase with the 310 pack.

They don't actually dyno each car. They have produced a generic tune that they say produces at least 310 fwkw

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
They don't actually dyno each car. They have produced a generic tune that they say produces at least 310 fwkw
yep thats true, and if u have seen a standard tune it is very very safe so the walky tunes would still leave decent room for more power and drivability to be had...

jimmygrussell

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
y4utu9ab.jpg

After a month of thinking about it, I decided to get the W310 installed last week - love it!

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6

Hmm ok well maybe that's at the actual walkinshaw shop in melb, or specific to that pack perhaps? (as Im pretty sure at formulatech in perth they specify you would get a dyno printout specific to the number achieved for your car,could be wrong tho..maybe walkinshaw don't want this who knows?)
DEAR kit no question but I reckon I got better or equal numbers just from catback and sidemount cai so I reckon the 310fwkw is a conservative figure personally or a very gentle tune indeed...just a number though I guess but does influence some buyers.. "only" 40 kw's over stock for 6.5 large....not Jimmy I see!

JIMMY..did you get a dyno printout,where was yours fitted?

Status
Not open for further replies.