Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

W375 special?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Ah ok, no worries.
I totally agree they're way overpriced. No surprise you easily dusted him though. Lighter car, diff change, cam, stally. Effectively VS headers and a tune in a heavier car.
I was very surprised actually - that’s my point. Better chassis, trans, larger displacement, better manifold and heads etc; they perform significantly better than a tuned ls1 even stock.

Most mild cammed ls1’s wouldn’t stand a chance against a properly tuned ls3 or even ls2/l76/l98 etc etc

bradp51

Reaction score
Members Ride
OCT 2017 VF2 SSV Redline - Light My Fire
Hi guys,

I'm getting offered a 1k off price for the W375 package at around 5.5k. To my understanding walkinshaw is a bit of marketing and that's why you more for something that's not the best value for money.

However, I'm considering it at 1k cheaper, it's only. About 300 bucks more than the same shops usual alternative (pacemaker exhaust) etc.

Thoughts? Comments?
I thought that the advantage with the Walkinshaw stuff is that it does not void warranty. I presumed that is why people pay the extra price. Is that correct ??

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I thought that the advantage with the Walkinshaw stuff is that it does not void warranty. I presumed that is why people pay the extra price. Is that correct ??
more just the fact holden would look more favourably on walky mods when a warranty issue comes up.

Walky offer their own drive line warranty for modifications (as do some other shops) which increase the package price.

In reality all it does is help resale but you have to pay more in the first place.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
advantage with the Walkinshaw stuff is that it does not void warranty
holden just then fob it back to walkinshaw, who make a claim against the insurance policy they took out against your car, which would pay for the work

VE_CalaisV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportswagon
I had a VE Calais with a walkinshaw 310 kit. The hardware is good (exhaust and OTR) but the tune is just an off the shelf tune that is very mild. I only made 227rwkw with a cat-back exhaust, otr and tune from walkinshaw. It's overpriced and not bang for buck. It may help your resale of the vehicle but that's the only advantage.