Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

W407

43lr155

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV redline
Any updates with guys with the W407. How they going ?, what do you think ?. For those who have driven for a while and now use to it, any regrets and maybe gone another way if you had the chance.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon

Im curious on this too.
Im finding myself looking at more and more you tube cammed LS's and the bug is starting to bite.

I would like the above as well as some idle sound clips. Cam chop is what I would get one for, don't care if made no more power LOL

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Im curious on this too.
Im finding myself looking at more and more you tube cammed LS's and the bug is starting to bite.

I would like the above as well as some idle sound clips. Cam chop is what I would get one for, don't care if made no more power LOL
Do we now see the problems that unlimited internet and YouTube has caused :rolleyes::p

tm407

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Any updates with guys with the W407. How they going ?, what do you think ?. For those who have driven for a while and now use to it, any regrets and maybe gone another way if you had the chance.

I have the 407 kit on my 17 redline and love it, no regrets with it sounds great and get quite good fuel, around 8.9l on the highway. Cant fault walkinshaw either, i had some of the black paint starting to flake off the mufflers - got it fixed the following weekend with no questions asked

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
I have Heads, Cam, Exhaust, Converter, Diff, OTR in mine and makes 470rwhp, (353rwkw) so probably a bit more than the 407 you're looking at.

On the freeway it drives like a standard car. 9.4lt/100km around town it is hard on fuel. A. because of the converter and B. because of the engine with the big cam.

Car runs 11.6@122 in a wagon, so it isn't slow and is a great drive.

If you're worried about money don't do it. If you want the driving pleasure of 600+hp at the flywheel go for it! I daily drive mine too!

tm407

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I have Heads, Cam, Exhaust, Converter, Diff, OTR in mine and makes 470rwhp, (353rwkw) so probably a bit more than the 407 you're looking at.

On the freeway it drives like a standard car. 9.4lt/100km around town it is hard on fuel. A. because of the converter and B. because of the engine with the big cam.

Car runs 11.6@122 in a wagon, so it isn't slow and is a great drive.

If you're worried about money don't do it. If you want the driving pleasure of 600+hp at the flywheel go for it! I daily drive mine too!

Couldn't agree more, mine dyno'd at 333kw so a bit less than yours, awesome car to drive

Last edited:

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Mine is now making 340kw and 750nm. Running 11's on the strip and uses fuel as well as can be expected, around 9.4L/100km on the open road. I love the pant of a cammed NA engine. It certainly has street appeal as the car rocks at idle quite noticeably.

43lr155

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV redline
GMVPSS, great 1/4 mile time, mind if I ask what heads and cam were installed. I like the sound of the W407 cam and tune but would like a to get up around the 310 - 320 rwkw with 700+ Nm

Anyone know what size cam Walkinshaw use on the W407.