Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

W407

Bren66

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Motorsport
Had the W407 done shortly after I brought the car and definitely no regrets, power difference is not really noticeably until above 3500rpm, then it really comes alive!. When I first had it done it rocked at idle pretty seriously but that settled down after about 1000k's. Love that loopy idle sound.

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
GMVPSS, great 1/4 mile time, mind if I ask what heads and cam were installed. I like the sound of the W407 cam and tune but would like a to get up around the 310 - 320 rwkw with 700+ Nm .

Heads by Higgins and Harrop H04 Cam. Needs a converter with that much cam in an auto.

If you only want 320rwkw save your money on the heads. I only did the heads as the rocker arms were off, so all that was left was the head bolts to take them off and if I chose to do it at a later date there would have been additional costs to take it all off again. Same reason I did the converter. I had the exhaust off and diff out, so it was only a few more bolts to change the converter over at the same time. :)

Converter and diff don't help fuel economy, but help it at the track. Ultimately Dyno numbers mean nothing. 1/4 mile time and speed shows you the HP it is making.

Honestly, have a look at putting a supercharger on rather than cam. Mine makes 353rwkw with heads and cam, converter and gears and runs 11.6@122mph.

A mate of mine just fitted a Magnusson on a standard LS3 with Difillipo exhaust system and ran 10.73@128mph on the weekend at Adelaide and makes 473rwkw with Interchiller and still has standard road manners.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
Heads by Higgins and Harrop H04 Cam. Needs a converter with that much cam in an auto.

If you only want 320rwkw save your money on the heads. I only did the heads as the rocker arms were off, so all that was left was the head bolts to take them off and if I chose to do it at a later date there would have been additional costs to take it all off again. Same reason I did the converter. I had the exhaust off and diff out, so it was only a few more bolts to change the converter over at the same time. :)

Converter and diff don't help fuel economy, but help it at the track. Ultimately Dyno numbers mean nothing. 1/4 mile time and speed shows you the HP it is making.

Honestly, have a look at putting a supercharger on rather than cam. Mine makes 353rwkw with heads and cam, converter and gears and runs 11.6@122mph.

A mate of mine just fitted a Magnusson on a standard LS3 with Difillipo exhaust system and ran 10.73@128mph on the weekend at Adelaide and makes 473rwkw with Interchiller and still has standard road manners.

yeah, dunno about SC.
HSV's maybe with all the upgraded running gear to handle the added power, but how long will the old stocko last with pretty much double the output?
Plus that would be a $15k job surely. The misses would castrate me if I dropped that in mine. $5k for a cam I can swindle away without her noticing (telling myself that anyway)
Want cam chop too

Good to see he got that much power with just a SC, no pump or bigger injectors.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
yeah, dunno about SC.
HSV's maybe with all the upgraded running gear to handle the added power, but how long will the old stocko last with pretty much double the output?
Plus that would be a $15k job surely. The misses would castrate me if I dropped that in mine. $5k for a cam I can swindle away without her noticing (telling myself that anyway)
Want cam chop too

Good to see he got that much power with just a SC, no pump or bigger injectors.

i think you can get away with less than $15k for a supercharger + tune. My set up was around the $20k mark, but that was supercharger, cam, full engine back exhaust + tune

MACVESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 SSV REDLINE 6M - W407 WALKINSHAW UPGRADES
I've got a MY17 W407 REDLINE M6, new from the dealership a month before Holden stopped production Oct 2017... the pack was with it when I picked it up, as I wanted, it's making around 352rwkw or 470rwhp, and it's awesome to drive, and sounds fantastic. It pops and burbles on the over run, and with thick creamy torgue felt down at 1800rpm, but really puts it on at 3000rpm on. It's fine to drive in traffic, but does hunt and surge, with clutch out and less than10km/h, but this is easily managed and worth the extra chararcter the car has..highway fuel consumption is around averaging 8 Ltrs/100kms, start stop around town, 12-14 Ltrs/100kms.

It's definitely worth it from stock, but maybe not from W375 kit.. I receive nearly daily compliments from strangers at servos or the lights and work colleagues who always comment how great my black beast sounds and sounds (it is completely blacked out but the badges and lights) .. and ask me questions about it.. even after 12 months or so of owning it..
I am definitely keeping it.
20190121_123704.jpg

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
I've got a MY17 W407 REDLINE M6, new from the dealership a month before Holden stopped production Oct 2017... the pack was with it when I picked it up, as I wanted, it's making around 352rwkw or 470rwhp, and it's awesome to drive, and sounds fantastic. It pops and burbles on the over run, and with thick creamy torgue felt down at 1800rpm, but really puts it on at 3000rpm on. It's fine to drive in traffic, but does hunt and surge, with clutch out and less than10km/h, but this is easily managed and worth the extra chararcter the car has..highway fuel consumption is around averaging 8 Ltrs/100kms, start stop around town, 12-14 Ltrs/100kms.

It's definitely worth it from stock, but maybe not from W375 kit.. I receive nearly daily compliments from strangers at servos or the lights and work colleagues who always comment how great my black beast sounds and sounds (it is completely blacked out but the badges and lights) .. and ask me questions about it.. even after 12 months or so of owning it..
I am definitely keeping it.View attachment 203262

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum

I am definitely keeping it.View attachment 203262
Ops sorry about that life is cruel lol and a am jealous I have a magnum stock standard and drive like a nana 95% of the time and I have average 12.2 with a 62 kph average how are you getting such good fuel consumption besides that really nice car I am jealous

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Ops sorry about that life is cruel lol and a am jealous I have a magnum stock standard and drive like a nana 95% of the time and I have average 12.2 with a 62 kph average how are you getting such good fuel consumption besides that really nice car I am jealous

It all depends on your driving. If you're always cruising on the freeway in 6th you will get great economy, if you're a inner city runabout you will get poor economy. Case in point, my 385kw MSE gets about 7 on the freeway but my average is 18 because I predominantly do short drives and I like to drive hard.