Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Hmm. I thought was merely an engineering thing to pass emission laws no? I mean the presumption is an older engine wouldn't meet current laws but you can always go e85 to work around that.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Or buy a cheap ls2 or ls3 and a reconditioned lsa blower from the USA for a supercharged beastie.
It's a shame ls2 onwards doesn't have the meat in the block to properly stroke out to a 427 like the good old LS1 does.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Well the reasonable expectation of service is at least the arbitrary period of warranty offered by the (vehicle) manufacturer from time to time, which was five years, now seven. However time is not a factor under Australian Consumer Law.
Thing is Walkinshaw trades 100% on the assurance that it will match Holden warranty, hence charges an exhorbitant premium for what is otherwise known value components. And a sticker.
Walkinshaw has sold you an express warranty covering the normal operation of a supercharger in addition to manufacturer’s warranty. Clearly if use was not abnormal then with such a major failure you are entitled to remedy under consumer law.
It is not up to you to prove which part failed in which manner when, as long as the use was normal.
Depending on purchase details, like fitted when new through Holden dealer or under finance through credit provider, you may be entitled to a replacement car or refund. Seriously, you should read through the basics here and consult an expert on this matter before forking out on a remedy yourself.
Needs to be formal and legal, not to the local franchise owner who advised they will give you replacement bits of those supplied... the POS kit blew your otherwise perfectly good Holden motor and now you are up shit creek.
Or buy a cheap ls2 or ls3 and a reconditioned lsa blower from the USA for a supercharged beastie.
It's a shame ls2 onwards doesn't have the meat in the block to properly stroke out to a 427 like the good old LS1 does.
Dude the only way you can get a GenIII out that far is to re-engineer the crank, crankcase, rods, pistons, remove existing sleeves and replace with something like Darton. It ain coz LS1 has meat vs GenIV, quite the opposite.

lsute12

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VF SSV
Well sounds like I'll be talking to Walkinshaw/holden. Hopefully mine is covered under the 5 year warranty. I'll make some enquiries next week and let you know how I go.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Well sounds like I'll be talking to Walkinshaw/holden. Hopefully mine is covered under the 5 year warranty. I'll make some enquiries next week and let you know how I go.
Yes please do because if people are paying huge amounts of money for something which is a ruse / doesn’t eventuate, then some action needs to be taken.
This needs to be public as there have been tens of millions poured into Walkinshaw coffers in good faith so this doesn’t happen to them.
Don’t fall to your knees with the first line of BS. The thing should not have failed, you paid for express warranty to cover against exactly this type of defect.
In other words if Walkinshaw doesn’t honour a remedy under ACL then apart from the remedy under ACCC powers above, there is cause for a civil suit (easy nowadays with internet), sueing for refund of the apparently bogus express warranty or the complete mechanical package as compensation for misleading tens of thousands of buyers. People expected the ridiculous premium paid meant they would not be left high and dry after such a major failure.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
What does this mean Monstar? Are you saying my 2013 VF1 is still covered? 4years old but only 50K on the clock.

It is along the lines of an item having a reasonable expected life, i.e. a $20 t shirt isn't going to have the same reasonable expected life of a $60k motor vehicle.