Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
Well the reasonable expectation of service is at least the arbitrary period of warranty offered by the (vehicle) manufacturer from time to time, which was five years, now seven. However time is not a factor under Australian Consumer Law.
Thing is Walkinshaw trades 100% on the assurance that it will match Holden warranty, hence charges an exhorbitant premium for what is otherwise known value components. And a sticker.
Walkinshaw has sold you an express warranty covering the normal operation of a supercharger in addition to manufacturer’s warranty. Clearly if use was not abnormal then with such a major failure you are entitled to remedy under consumer law.
It is not up to you to prove which part failed in which manner when, as long as the use was normal.
Depending on purchase details, like fitted when new through Holden dealer or under finance through credit provider, you may be entitled to a replacement car or refund. Seriously, you should read through the basics here and consult an expert on this matter before forking out on a remedy yourself.
Needs to be formal and legal, not to the local franchise owner who advised they will give you replacement bits of those supplied... the POS kit blew your otherwise perfectly good Holden motor and now you are up shit creek.

Dude the only way you can get a GenIII out that far is to re-engineer the crank, crankcase, rods, pistons, remove existing sleeves and replace with something like Darton. It ain coz LS1 has meat vs GenIV, quite the opposite.

Monstar. interesting point.... heres one for ya

I brought my 2016 SS new form factory with W375 fitted, ive now updated to w407. Now normal warranty for my car was 3 years, but when i got mine the dealer threw in a 5 year factory warranty. So in theory Walkinshaw have to cover me for 5 years?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Monstar. interesting point.... heres one for ya

I brought my 2016 SS new form factory with W375 fitted, ive now updated to w407. Now normal warranty for my car was 3 years, but when i got mine the dealer threw in a 5 year factory warranty. So in theory Walkinshaw have to cover me for 5 years?

In Australia a warranty means jack all.

It is the expectation that a customer has for the product that is the overriding factor and if there is a major meltdown in the early life of a product this expensive then that expectation hasn’t been met.

In this case you have an aftermarket product where Walkinshaw as the supplier/manufacturer soft tunes the cars and overprices the product to allow room for repair and reliability then advertises the benefit of their product over some other aftermarket shops by supplying a driveline warranty then the consumer can also expect a longer life expectancy than 5 years.

Consumer law is on your side.

lsute12

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VF SSV
Hi all,

I recently had my 2014 SSV redline with a w457 kit on it (2.3l Maggie, injectors, other minor mods etc.) Go lean on cylinder 5 and I'm up for a big $ rebuild.

My mechanic seems to think it is a fuel pump issue (injectors and fuel tested ok). My question is if it is a fuel pump issue how are Walkinshaw pumping these kits it to go pop?

The guy I bought the ute off recently put a new motor in it which had the same issue. Just want to make sure I get to the bottom of the problem before I throw a tonne off money at it getting it rebuilt.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks, Sam

lsute12

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VF SSV
Fuel looks ok, injectors passed the test. It is boiling down to a fuel pump issue. Frustrating that other mechanics can throw an engine in a car without fixing the original problem.....

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
What did Walkinshaw say about it?

lsute12

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VF SSV
Immediately jumped on 5 being an issue if it's a fuel problem. Said that hsv normally walk away if they can't see a consistent problem accross all cylinders. Note that this come from the wakinhsaw dealer (guy who did the work) not walkkinsahw themselves.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
There is some logic in that, if it leaned out I would expect to see evidence of that on all the cylinders. If only one cylinder failed I would be looking closely at everything associated with that cylinder and in particular the fuel injector. I would have all the fuel injectors flow tested to ensure they are ok before you end up grenading another donk

lsute12

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VF SSV
Yehp injectors tested and all ok :( nnes to find the problem!

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Check the injector wiring loom and connectors.