Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Or the pcm/injector driver.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Didn't someone else on here with a Walkinshaw supercharger have exactly the same issue ?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
OK, there’s your first hard fact.
TVS 2300 on a 6.0, swapped injectors but appears didn’t bother to swap out stock fuel pump.
That is not Holden’s problem, that’s a gross miscalculation to incorrect tune specification by Walkinshaw.
Instead of being a safe and reliable tune, that was bound to happen.
Even naturally aspirated using smaller stock injectors the fuel pump will barely hold 58 psi to peak. Supercharging with the largest (LS9) TVS means more fuel / hp (BSFC), facilitated by larger injector which also means more fuel.
Plenty of info available to demonstrate the stock fuel pump and VF SS fuel pressure control module can not provide adequate fuel and will lean out well before peak.
Pretty major that Walkinshaw don’t up the pump on their supercharger kits, especially the big ones where it swaps in larger injectors.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
OK, there’s your first hard fact.
TVS 2300 on a 6.0, swapped injectors but appears didn’t bother to swap out stock fuel pump.
That is not Holden’s problem, that’s a gross miscalculation to incorrect tune specification by Walkinshaw.
Instead of being a safe and reliable tune, that was bound to happen.
Even naturally aspirated using smaller stock injectors the fuel pump will barely hold 58 psi to peak. Supercharging with the largest (LS9) TVS means more fuel / hp (BSFC), facilitated by larger injector which also means more fuel.
Plenty of info available to demonstrate the stock fuel pump and VF SS fuel pressure control module can not provide adequate fuel and will lean out well before peak.
Pretty major that Walkinshaw don’t up the pump on their supercharger kits, especially the big ones where it swaps in larger injectors.

seriously woundn't they change/upgrade the fuel pump on anything supercharged otherwise there time bombs driving around.

To the OP push like hell to get walkinshaw to pay, there product has failed and even if the pump a bit dicky the super walkinshaw warranty covers that!!!

lsute12

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VF SSV
I'll give Walkinshaw themselves a call tomorrow. Surely this is an isolated issue?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Even if it wasn't I don't think they would tell you.....

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I'll give Walkinshaw themselves a call tomorrow. Surely this is an isolated issue?
Doesn’t matter one bit, the component combo is a timebomb, badly engineered package sold at a ridiculous premium on the express basis that such major defect / damage is covered.

Even if it wasn't I don't think they would tell you.....
Mod sir, there are two concurrent threads on same topic can we merge please?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Done (just for you Monstar).

lsute12

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VF SSV
I'll talk to them tomorow and see where I get. At least I have the Proof that the fuel and I Hector's are ok