Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[WA] NEED HELP thinking of buying a vr 1994 ute

matt_iozzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
getting vr/vs ute
hi guys i am new to buying any holden as i have never had one before but i have always loved the vr vs utes i am currently looking at maybe buying a vr 1994 ute it has a full body kit 19 inch rims lowered tints its done 190,000 on the clock and has a smashed front bumper not to bad might i say and a custon built cover with clear tail lights needs regasing for AC and the front bumper needs replacing and interiorvisors clips need replacing there broken everthing else seems to been fine had a mate with me to check out the engine and atuo tran lookes like it has been regualry serviced he is asking for 7000 now has droped it to 6500 is that to much to be paying for this year uet its pretty much stock just got all the custom stuff done to it? what would be a resonable price to pay?:rofl2:

Unlesh

Skid Pig
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon, vp wagon
mate thats a good price i got vr ute stock standed last week for $7000

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Welcome to the forum.
My opinion would be that you should really be able to bargain the seller down a lot. Reason is that any car/ute with damage will immediately turn most buyers off, plus the mods done actually add no value to a ute especially the body kit and 19" rims as this means the ute is no good to a tradie or someone who goes off the bitumen....mods can actually make the vehicle be worth a lot less as you reduce your market. The A/C and from bar are going to cost well over $1000 to fix especially the A/C...these are unknowns. Figure also why the person is selling it as-is and not fixing it up. Kms are average, remember the auto will be due to fail soon at those Kms.
So really, it's probably worth a max of $4000 and probably a lot less. As a trade-in he might get $1000 for a ute in that condition....so that puts you in a pretty good bargaining position.
Good Luck.

matt_iozzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
getting vr/vs ute
thanks guys for your help that gives me something to work on its really not that bad condition and it seems to bad looked after i guess i have to figure out what to do thanks again

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
you never mentioned the engine type in the bitch good price for a v8, look around for sumthing else if its a v6

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Redbook quotes these prices for a VR ute:
Private $3,100 - $4,900
Trade In $800 - $2,600

matt_iozzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
getting vr/vs ute
hey guys it was a v6 and i ended getting it at 5,700 its has a full body kit from the spolier shop maloo body kit i worded it wrongly with the smashed bumper its only been cracked in a few spots in one area i hope that was i good price if not i will know for nexted time it is in very good condition for that year!

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
Yes the price is a little high as stated by hako, for it to be worth $4000 it would have to be pretty good nick, and dont forget that if you take your time you can end up with a good car...just look around as its realy a buyers market for both utes and sedans
welcome to the forum.
My opinion would be that you should really be able to bargain the seller down a lot. Reason is that any car/ute with damage will immediately turn most buyers off, plus the mods done actually add no value to a ute especially the body kit and 19" rims as this means the ute is no good to a tradie or someone who goes off the bitumen....mods can actually make the vehicle be worth a lot less as you reduce your market. The a/c and from bar are going to cost well over $1000 to fix especially the a/c...these are unknowns. Figure also why the person is selling it as-is and not fixing it up. Kms are average, remember the auto will be due to fail soon at those kms.
So really, it's probably worth a max of $4000 and probably a lot less. As a trade-in he might get $1000 for a ute in that condition....so that puts you in a pretty good bargaining position.
Good luck.

best of luck in getting your pride ride PS TRY PLACES LIKE CARPOINT AND EBAY SOMETIME REALY GOOD CARS COME UP AT VERY VERY GOOD PRICES( CAR POINT WOULD BE THE BETTER OF THE TWO) ps the red book price is what it is,,,,i dont write it

Last edited: