Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wa vh

Bowdovh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh commodore , vs statesman
Hi I'm new to club. I bought myself a vh to build for drags cruising etc. unfortunately started stripping car for paint. We found large amount of rust around rear window. Eaten frame of window completely rust in all inside of doors boot bonnet etc. only paid 700 for car came with newly built mild 308 etc. so we decided car was not good enough to rebuild as time is not in our favour. So on Thursday I'm picking up this vh it's perfect body no rust and registered. Build can begin. Engine build (355) has been organised and building it for 450 plus hp and body will get respray in metallic white and all the usual tidy ups and component swaps as its a six at moment interior wise it's perfect. We will post pics and details as we go over next few months

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 336
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 397
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 368

JCL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Ute
That thing looks great, I had one almost identical to that.

I miss it when I look at yours, nice pickup

Bowdovh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Still two months away but as far as exhaust go I don't know if I should go twin 21/2 dumped at diff or 3 inch all they way, car wont see alot of street driving at all just ocasional sneek out on a cruise ,and as far as interior goes it will stay the same with few gauges and roll cage with two harnesses in front , does anyone in Perth know where I can get a four point cage done , not planning on going much kwicker than 11 sec so mainly just for show

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
twin 3inch with a H pipe as close to the collectors as possible for a healthy 355...usually fit the H just after the trans pan. have a couple flange plate welded in also for ease of trans servicing and removal

if u go vn heads use the pacemaker 1'3/4 primary extractors.

don't go the conventional X pipe as they sound like a hectic fart in a coke can.
If you do go an X pipe style have a piece of 5'inch pipe squashed to accommodate the twin 3' pipes.

Bowdovh

Reaction score
Members Ride
ordering in a fibreglass bonnet with moulded cowl scoop seems to be pretty popular now. should look goid now just got to wait 4 weeks to get it made and sent cant wait

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 407
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 344

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
whats under the bonnet to warrant that stonker of a scoop??

looks tough as though

where did u source that from?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
ordering in a fibreglass bonnet with moulded cowl scoop seems to be pretty popular now. should look goid now just got to wait 4 weeks to get it made and sent cant wait

i dont normaly like scoops but when their moulded in and look 1 piece they look awesome... how many green drinking vouchers did it cost you ??

Bowdovh

Reaction score
Members Ride
its 355 stroker which is now going to have nitrous aswell. set me back 1350. delivered

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
how strong and ridgid does it feel... mate of mine had a carbon fiber bonnet on his skyline and it would get a bad flutter at high speed because it was so light and flexible do you think this would do the same ....ya got me thinking it might look good on my car